CHAPTER 16

It was just before four when the three of them showed up at the office. She didn't even look at them as she held out a piece of paper. Scott stared at her for a long moment then slowly took the piece of paper. She hit a few keys on the keyboard then looked at them. "Be there at ten, park in the back."

She grabbed her phone and took a picture of all three of them then went back to working on the computer. They stared at each other for a moment then left the office. Orion just stared at Britten. He could tell she didn't want to be involved.

After a minute she sighed and looked at Orion. "What?" He shook his head no. "Do you trust them?" He nodded. "Whatever it is you have them doing I'm sure they will work out just fine." She shut the computer down and got up. She grabbed her phone and sent the picture to Giovanni then went to grab her coat.

"Let's go." Orion put the tablet down and got up. He closed the door and pulled her over to him. "What's wrong?" She took a deep breath then let it out. "I hate that you had to see me do something. . ."

He put his hand over her mouth. "For Giovanni?" She nodded. "Not your doing then. I do understand some of the things you have to do ya know."

"But I hate that I have to do them around you at all. Like I said, whatever it is you see about me I don't want that to change."

"My feelings aren't going to change just because you are doing something Giovanni is making you do. Would you relax please?" He cupped the side of her face in his hand and gave her a kiss. He wanted to tell her he loved her, but he knew he couldn't.

He knew he had to pretend like he wasn't attached to her for Holly's sake but at the same time make her feel like he is. It was a hard thing to try and pull off and he had a feeling he was going to end up pissing Holly off eventually.

She grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his. "Thank you." He smiled then gave her another kiss. "I'm an understanding kind of guy."

"I see that."

"Good." He opened the door back up and she let his hand go. He grabbed his coat and they headed out.

Britten stopped by the apartment first and grabbed a health drink while she went to go find something to wear. Orion wanted to follow her so bad, but he was in the lion's den and knew he couldn't play.

She came back out an hour later in a pair of black short leather shorts that hung off her hips and barely covered her ass, and a leather halter top with a zebra print that went just under her breasts and was held together by a silver ring. There wasn't much of her to be hidden.

She slipped into a pair of knee high heel boots then looked at Orion. He just stared with his mouth slightly open. She laughed then went to throw the bottle she had away. "Does my hair look okay?"

Her hair was straight and parted to the side. It was real simple compared to how she normally had it done. Orion stared for a long moment. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not. "Is that your normal hair?" She shook her head no. "I flat ironed it."

"What's wrong with natural?" She sighed and went back into the bedroom. Orion followed her but stayed at the door. He watched as she pulled a fat curling iron out of the dresser and plugged it in. "Did I say something wrong?"

She looked at him and shook her head no. "Britten?" She sighed again. "I'm not allowed to wear my hair natural."

"So, is it not naturally blonde either?"