CHAPTER 31

Friday came and Britten was more nervous than ever. She was so nervous she was nauseated. Constantine tried everything to get her to calm down but nothing was helping. Manny even tried but wasn't getting anywhere with her.

She needed something to get her mind off of things and that something happened. Orion, Scott and Alex were out helping his grandfather with a few things around the farm. James and Ronin were in town planning things for Orion's bachelor party and Manny and Constantine were in the living room trying everything to get Britten to chill out.

Her mother stood in the kitchen doorway watching her daughter get her toenails painted by two men. Constantine was doing every other nail in blue while Manny was doing the others in purple. Constantine had perfected the art of nail painting because of Britten and Manny knew how because of his sisters and his little girl.

"Can my daughter not at least do one thing normal?" Britten jumped and Manny accidently painted the top of her foot. "Ma, what are you doing here," Britten asked as she got up from the couch. Her mother stared at Manny for a long moment. It wasn't a pretty look either.

"Ma," Britten said as she walked towards her. She looked back at Britten. "I brought your cousins in early so they could get their dresses."

"I already got them. I'm picking them up tomorrow with my dress."

Her cousins came through the door and Britten smiled. She quickly went over to them and gave all of them a hug. Britten looked back at her mom and gave her a sheepish smile. "Do I get a hug?" She smiled bigger and gave her mom a hug.

Her mother held her tight to the point she didn't want to let her go. "I'm okay ma." She let Britten go and looked at her daughter. She had a beautiful glow to her. She was a lot thinner than the last time she had seen her though.

She started yelling at her in Italian about being too thin and that she needed to eat more. Manny closed up the nail polish and sighed. "What's she saying," Constantine asked at a whisper. "She's mad at Britten for being so thin."

"Evelyn, stop," her dad said as he came in the room. "Daddy!" Britten went over to him and gave him a hug. He laughed and held her tight. "I see everyone is getting along." Britten looked at her dad like he was crazy and he nodded towards Constantine.

Her cousins were over by Constantine and Manny flirting with them. Britten laughed and looked back at her parents. "Have you met Orion's mom yet?" Joseph shook his head no. "Come on." She took her parents out back and looked around for Janet.

She found her with Tallen in the walking ring with one of the horses. "Janet?" She stopped and looked at Britten. She spotted her parents with her and smiled. She brushed her hands off and went over to the fence.

"Who do we have here?" Britten smiled. "Janet, this is my dad Joseph and my mom Evelyn. Mom, dad, this is Orion's mom, Janet." She shook both of their hands. "Nice to finally meet you."

"You as well. I've been wanting to meet the mother of the boy who has stolen my baby girl's heart."

Janet smiled. "She has done the same to Orion. Let me put Sadie here up and we can talk." Joseph gave a nod and she went back over to Tallen and the horse. Britten looked at her mom smiling and saw her looking around.

"Beautiful isn't it." Her mother shrugged. Britten lost her smile and looked at her dad. Her mother was in rare form and she wasn't sure why. She thought that she would be more excited to see her daughter and be happier because of the wedding.