CHAPTER 13

When they backed away from the kiss he saw that she had a dazed look on her face. He wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She slowly began to smile then bit her bottom lip. He smiled his cute smile and it made her look down at her hands.

She was in trouble, this wasn't good. She wasn't the one who was supposed to be getting addicted, but she couldn't help it. There was just something about him. He was different in everything he did. Even the kiss was different than what she was used to.

It was gentle and slightly passionate, nothing feverish like it had always been with every other guy. That included Diego. That was complete sexual, animalistic behaviors she had always had, this wasn't, and she liked it.

He put his hand on hers and she wrapped her fingers around one of his. His hands were big and warm. She eventually let go of his finger then laced her fingers with his. She was scared to look at him. She was scared to let him see how addicted she was.

Then she began to wonder if he was addicted? Did he feel the same as she did? If he did where was this going to go? Not a do they have sex, but a relationship thing. How was this going to work? How was she going to keep him from getting killed?

How did she stop this from getting him killed? She began to worry about Giovanni. If he had found out about Diego what made her think he wouldn't find out about Myles? So much of her said she didn't care, that she wanted this to continue. But then the smart part of her said this needed to stop.

She unlaced her fingers from his and let out a sigh. "That doesn't look like a happy thought," he said as he rubbed her hand. She looked up at him and took a deep breath. He knew then she was going to try and stop this. He had seen that look before on other women. The look that says I like you but not like you want me to.

"Let me guess, I like you but I didn't feel anything?" She shook her head no. "I did that's the problem." It was his turn to take a deep breath. "Why is it a problem?"

"I don't want you dead."

He smirked then brushed the back of his fingers along her cheek. "I'm not going to die. I promise with every ounce of me that he will not find out."

"He has eyes everywhere."

He cupped her face in his hand and smiled. "Just let me worry about it." That smile again, where had she seen that smile before? She couldn't help it, she was addicted to his smile. She was addicted to everything. She was in so much trouble and he was making it sound so good to let this happen.

"Myles. . ." He covered her lips with his thumb. "Let me worry about it." She smiled, and he took his hand away. She gave him soft eyes, the eyes that said, okay, I'll trust you. He leaned in and kissed her again.

It was the same gentle kiss, passionate kiss. Britten pressed into it a little and his hands slid to her back. They began to kiss a little less passionately and a little more feverishly. She slowly raised up onto her knees, making her higher than he was.

She wanted to straddle him, but she couldn't because of the skirt. It was tighter at the bottom than it was at the top, so she could only pull it up so far. She decided to reach back and unzip her skirt. She inched out of it while she was still kissing him and kicked it to the floor.

She finally straddled him and pressed into the kiss even more. She was almost eating at his mouth as if she couldn't get enough of him. He ran his hands up the back of her shirt and he hit a sore spot. She stopped kissing him and grunted.