Chapter 3

Sam's POV
"Can we please just be serious for once!" Nicole shouts at me.
"I am being serious! Maybe your just too stupid to understand what I'm talking about." I say to her and immediately regret saying it. She looks down a little.
"I thought you wanted to pass this class." She says giving me an attitude.
"I do and I can pass with or without you. And in order for both of us to pass we have to work on this together so clean up your fucking act and stop being a bitch." I say continuing to work. She sighs and keeps working on her project. Nicole was really smart. When I didn't understand something she explained it to me so I would understand. Her voice was smooth even though she was annoyed with me. I have known Nicole longer than the Jacks have known each other and I'm just noticing this stuff about her.
"It's 1 and I'm so tired. You can sleep here." I tell her. She nods and changes into a pair of sweats and keeps on her tank top. She gets in the bed and I turn off the light. I crawl in the bed and lay there. I wasn't tired. I was upset. Upset at myself that I was this rude. But I couldn't help myself.
"Nicole?" I ask quietly. She doesn't answer. I notice she's asleep. Now I can do what I wanted to. I grab Nicole's waist and pull her into my arms. My arms were wrapped around her waist and resting on her stomach. I could hear her breathing and I could feel how tense she was. Nicole was an insecure girl. You can see it in her and now I feel how insecure she is. Nicole was honestly beautiful. She could make any girl that considered beautiful look pretty because Nicole just describes the word beautiful. Her smile was something that could melt away all your troubles. She did that tonight when she read a text from her friend. Her laugh made you smile because it was cute and it was one of those laughs you rarely hear. Nicole gets bullied but I don't get why. Is it because of me? If it is why do I bully her? I have no reason to hate her. But she sure has a reason to hate me.