VII

Kagura decides to leave the hot spring as she will be cooking dinner for them. Nene insists on helping her, which Kagura gently declines as Nene is her guest and tells her to feel at home.

After finishing her bath, Nene puts on a white pyjama which Kagura has left for her Nene decides to look around. Kagura's house is well decorated with accident Japanese artifacts, Just like her's. Looking at them remind her how her dad used to display many artifacts with pride and how each Sunday was supposed to be their father-daughter day where they always clean up every artifact they had with their maid while her dad used to tell her about samurai and Japanese history. Nene always felt excited to hear them from her father as if they were a bedtime fairy tale. She used to look forward to each and every sunday.

She chuckles at the memories but slowly let them fade away under the silence of the space she is standing. After his death she just stopped caring, they started to feel like the debris of a lost period. Her maids do the cleaning once a while under Hayato's instruction, while Nene stays in her room all by herself.

She walks more, in the alone dark path under the moonlight. She stares at the clear dark sky. Nene has embraced darkness as a part of her life. She has started to admire its beauty, gravity.

She slowly reaches the dining space following Kagura's instructions which she had given before leaving her in the hot spring. Before she can enter, She hears the sadist couple talking. She peeks alitt only to notice kagura wrapping her arm around Sougo from behind. Seeing this she decides to stay behind the wall, not to disturb their privacy.

"I am sorry sadist," says Kagura, thrusting her head in his neck "For?"Sougo responds. It becomes quiet. He sighs. He holds her hand and pulls her on his lap gently to face her. " Doing unladylike things?" Kagura says sounding a bit sad for her actions. "Like?" Sougo raises his eyebrows with inquisitiveness." Like hitting you, cursing you, etc etc" Kagura whispers, covering her eyes under her bangs. Seeing his lover getting gloomy, he decides to flick her forehead gently to make her look at him and it works.

" China, I love you the way you are, and it would be bothersome if I decided to be with a quiet girl... who would I fight with then?" Sougo chuckles. Seeing his smiling face helps kagura to regain her cheerful self"Yea right I am doing a favour to the world by being with you" she giggles.

Hearing them being so much in love stretches a smile on Nene's lips. She stays still but it is quiet, a little too quiet. It makes her curious if they are ok or not. Suddenly she starts to hear faint moans that only makes her cheek red like a tomato.

Kagura wrapping her arms around Sougo's neck while he holding her tightly against his body, letting them engaged in a passionate kiss.

Nene is regretting her decision of staying there. She sits on her knees covering her rosy ears. When the sound stops it gives her some breath to breathe. Assuming they are done Nene just decides to go in as if nothing got heard by her. But to her regret, they are not done, they are holding each other, smiling in each other's embrace. She covers her even more red face and whispers her apology as she has seen something she should not have. It startles the sadist couple enough to open their eyes. They stare at Nene and realise what just actually happen. They separate themselves quickly, both looking away hiding their fresh tomato faces.

"How lonnn..n..-g you wer..r..re standing there?" Kagura asks trying to calm her tense voice. "Just now" Nene replies. Her voice is so hesitant, it sounds like she is stuttering. "It that's so" Kagura giggles nervously.

Sougo clears his throat " let's eat...shall we?".
Both girls just nod in agreement and pull chairs. They fold their hands, offering their gratitude to god for the food and start to eat. With the first bite of the rice, a sudden warm feeling covers Nene, enough to let her shed a tear in silence.

"Wah! China, you have improved, this is edible " Sougo says after chewing the food thoroughly. "Shut up, Nene-chan.. how is it?" Kagura looks at Nene. "It's great, each thing is in my liking don't worry " Nene replies, smiling while hiding her tear.

"You won't believe, how she used to cook."Sougo gives a shivering expression recalling the past.
"Shut up already teme, it was better than yours"Kagura growls in response.
"Better? Huh! Mine looked decent unlike your po-" one big piece of meat dipped in wasabi paste stuffs in his mouth, turning his whole face red in irritation ."Did you say something? sou-kun" Kagura smiles.

Sougo gulps with a full glass of water, still panting as the aftermath."China!"Sougo hisses, Kagura smirks and eats her omelette which was loaded with chilly by Sougo beforehand. Kagura screams " Asshole! This is what you were planning when you said you want to help in cooking"She almost breath out fire from her mouth."Serves you right" Sougo smirks still panting. Both giving each other death glares, while suffering from each other's actions.

Nene lost control over herself and starts to laugh uncontrollably, making the sadist couple stop and laugh with her. Their laughter echoing in the emptiness makes the atmosphere warm and bright.