XV

People often say God pity those couples who can't fulfil their love in their given time. God pity them enough to let them meet furthermore no question how many times

"Nene?"

Nene slowly opens her eyes.

Kamui's husky voice rings in her ear as he calls her name one more.

"Yes?" She grumbles. Her face is snuggling to his back.

"I am sorry to interrupt your thought but we have reached our destination" Kamui lifts his helmet

"You can let go of me now" Kamui wiggles to look at her. "It's more than 10 minutes now since we have arrived".

Nene stares at his face, slowly recalling how Gintoki wasn't able to give her a lift and how Kamui acknowledged giving her a lift as he was going in her direction and......

How nice it felt to snuggle him while the strong wind was brushing her face.

Nene's eyes snap up and a deep blush spread across her face. She quickly let go of him and get down from his bike.

"I am sorry!!" Nene blurts in a neurotic gesture. She gazes away as her facial redness is boosting. But she can glimpse Kamui is cackling at her action"It's fine"

Nene slowly looks at him and notices a raw deep injury on Kamui's upper arm" Did you hurt yourself?"Nene shifts her attention to it.
Kamui blinks his eyes for a while to understand what she is asking.
Kamui looks at his injury "This.. don't worry, I am very clumsy, this happens now and then".

"How about you come inside with me, leaving it like that may infect later." Nene looks at Kamui with concern.

"Please don't, it's not-" Kamui politely tries to decline. "I insist .. please let me do at least this much to repay your kindness." Nene stares at him intensely, hoping for a positive response.

Kamui takes a deep breath and gives her a soft smile.

"I am home..." She calls out. Hayato comes out with a pertabuted expression"My lady-" Hayato notices Kamui from behind her. Their eyes make connections with each other. Kamui shakes his head in silence. Hayato blinks his eyes softly in response. He shifts his gaze towards Nene.

"Hayato-san What happened to my driver? He was late that's very unusual" Nene looks at Hayato for an answer.

"My apologies he was very ill so I decided to give him leave, I was about to go myself"Hayato replies.

"Is that so, I hope he will get better" Nene takes off her shoes.
"Could you please inform the maids to bring tea and snack to my room after a few minutes?"

" Yea, I will" Hayato bows and leaves after giving Kamui one last gaze.
Nene turns to look at Kamui "Shall we?" Kamui nods in response.

They walk in the halls. Kamui asks questions to show his curiosity. Nene shows around as much as she can while heading towards her room.

"Kamui-san please have a seat, I will be right back" Nene points at the bed. He sits on the bed. His gaze shifts towards his wound.

"Tch! those assholes were tough, though that driver got killed in between."He lifts his head, observing the room. All his eyes can take notice are of pictures.

His eyes suddenly catch a wooden sword in its sight. His hand softly grabs it in his rough palm. He narrows his eyes as old memories start to generate in his mind as clashes of wooden swords start to echo in his ear.

He groans in pain as he can feel his vision getting fizzy, his body has reached its limit without resting for a week.

"Kamui-san?