VIII

Night fell quickly. Even with the moon shining, darkness has covered everything. she watched the stars glitter through the window of her room, alone, she has begun to think about him again, lately, he's all she thinks about.

She wanted to cry but she couldn't find the tears to cry. Lying still, eyes focused on the lights outside, she didn't mind the sudden chills and continued herself deep in her mind. She barely even registered to be picked up before she was seeing building and light fly as she was carried out the window

Looking up, she only saw the root of her thoughts. Almost instinctively, she wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his chest, he didn't seem too bothered by her forward action and instead began to continue his run.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Nene lets herself get up, only to be blinded in the darkness of the room. Her sweat drops make her realise the heavy air which is surrounding her. Her body is feeling scatty under the darkness of the night.

'What was it? who was that guy?" It isn't the first time for him to appear'.

All these questions start to pop up in her head, giving her grim headaches. It starts to feel like her mind is under the spell of these dreams, chasing her to think about it over and over again, day or night as if something is needed to be remembered by her. Someone she has forgotten.

She lays back in her futon, but can't bring herself to sleep so she decides to get some fresh air to release this heavy feeling. Seeing others in their peaceful dreamland, she slowly makes her way to the back lawn.

The grass cover with raindrops under the moonlight is something only a fool can disregard. Tiny shining silver lights floating on a long green field... with the moon over her head and aroma of the wet soil creating a tranquillizing atmosphere enough to put her tousle mind at ease. Slowly placing herself among the grass, she just stares at the dark sky letting the slow breeze embrace her.

'What's wrong? Don't wanna go inside?' a man asked her 7-year-old daughter.
But only silence reached his ears.

'Did I kill Mama?' little girl blankly stared at her father, her experience is something a father never wants her child to have. 'Nene...'

'I heard that-' the girl held her cracked voice, but couldn't hold her tears. One after another rolled from her eyes.'I heard maids talking to each other that if Mama didn't have me she would not have to die' She sniffed.

' Nene, it's nothing like that' her father got down to her daughter's height. 'Why didn't you stop Mama?! If I haven't been born, then Mama... Mama-'. She felt a warmness covering her.

'Mama had you because she loved Nene and papa a lot'. Her father slowly released her from his embrace. He strokes her watery cheek with his thumb wiping her tears. ' and Mama and Papa never regretted having you, you are our connection of love.'

This wasn't enough for her sorrow and her father knew it. ' Nene, mama loved you since you were inside of her, you were her angel' he placed her daughter on his lap.'Mama will be sad if she sees her angel crying like that' he smiled thought it was full of grievance. He was holding his tears. He could still imagine his wife's smile, her singing lullaby while rubbing her big belly under the moonlight.

Pretty white flower under the moon~~

Give it to her for she's the one~~~

Then she'll wear it in her lovely hair~~~

This pretty white flower, just for her~~

Gentle White flower, gentle White flower~~

Siting so pretty in her hair~~~

Like it could bloom and sway away~~~

Shining and sparkling like the moon...

His arm suddenly felt cumbersome as he noticed his angel sleeping in peace crunching his chest 'crying a lot must be tiring'

'I am sorry' he gently pressed his lips on her head.

"Papa Mama, I hope you are doing great up there" Nene whispers, looking at the bright stars.

Suddenly a pair of fervent arms wrap around her, which startles her enough to scream but a husky male voice whispers in her ears, stopping her from doing anything.

"I am sorry"

Everything becomes frozen after that. She can feel deep warm breath on her skin, sensing herself getting wrap little by little, making it hard for her to stay still. Before she can say or anything, those arms pull her over. She is in its grip, tight enough to let her be unmovable. But strangely the presence of those arms are warm and familiar.

They just stay still, under the glowing moon