🧸𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 || "𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲," (𝗩𝗶𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗻 𝗜𝗜𝗜)

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟲𝟳𝟱 *𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝙣𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙲𝚘𝚙𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 © 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚜𝟶𝟸
𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥:

𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

Amazing. That's what the past two years have been.

You never thought you'd find yourself back here; with Jace. Cuddled in his arms in the middle of the night, you felt ... safe, loved, wanted.

You stare at the ring on your finger and think about the promise he made to you.

"[Your full name], I can't promise to never break your trust again. I can't promise we won't fight. I can't promise we won't doubt one another. I can't promise we won't want to strangle the other," he chuckles.

"But I can promise to love you until the sun goes down. I can promise to love you when it comes back up. I can promise to take care of you until I physically can't anymore. I can promise to make you smile when you need it most. I can promise to make your life worth while. And I can promise to love you until the day I die.

"All I'm asking in return is a simple yes-"

"Yes!" you cut him off.

"I'm not done yet, sweetheart." he chortles. "All I'm asking for in return is your hand in marriage. So, [your full name], will you marry me?"

"Yes! A thousand times yes!" you exclaim through the tears.

He stands up, placing a diamond ring on your finger.

It felt like just yesterday he proposed, but it was almost two months ago.

And tomorrow's the day; the day you make your lives one.

꧁꧂

"You look beautiful, darling," your mother reassures you as you look at yourself doubtfully in the mirror.

You smile to yourself when you realize she's right. "Thanks, mom."

"I want you to have this," she places your great grandmother's blue, pearl necklace around your neck.

"Mom," you gasp, touching the necklace with care.

"It's been in the family for three generations, and I want you to pass it on." she says, tears in her eyes.

"Well, I am an only child," you chuckle.

"Oh hush," your mother chortles. "I was trying to make the moment special."

"The moment is special." you smile.

Sean the pokes his head in the room. "He's ready whenever you are," he smiles.

You take in a breath, but don't say anything. "She's ready," Nicole speaks up. You had met Nicole while getting your nails done about a year ago, she quickly became your best friend.

"Okay." he closes the door.

"I can't believe this is happening," you gasp, your eyes tearing up.

"Don't cry!" Nicole exclaims, taking a tissue and dabbing under your eyes. "You'll mess up your makeup!" she did your makeup, hair, and nails. She's a makeup artist, hair stylist, and nail tech.

"Sorry, Nic," you say, looking up so she can dab at your eyes better. "I'm just so nervous," you admit.

"Don't be." Ella chimes in. You forgot her and Riele were even here.

"Yeah, Jace loves you with everything he has," Riele says with a smile.

The song Here Comes The Bride starts playing on the organ and your nerves get worse.

"That's our cue," your mom says, putting her arm through yours.

You father passed away last year, so your mother is giving you away.

"Let's do this," you smile.

The doors to the room opens, and all eyes are on you as you walk down the aisle. But you were only focused on Jace.

He looked perfect, per usual. His hair wasn't gelled back like everyone said he should've done, instead he did what you wanted; he left it loose. You could see the tears in his eyes as he saw you in your wedding dress for the first time.

Before you knew it, you were saying 'I do'.

To be continued

Okay, this isn't the end! I think this will have a couple more parts, and then I'll end it. This one is short, but I like it the way it is!!
-nic

Add me on snap: nikkihemmings23
Follow my writing insta: storiezbynic
Follow my main insta: nicberns02
Follow my Twitter: nicbernsgray
Follow my singing Insta: coverzbynic