🧸𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 || 𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽 (𝗜)

𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 𝟵𝟬𝟬
𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵
𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 © 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚜𝟶𝟸
𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥:

Road-tripping has always been something you've wanted to do with a significant other.

Holding hands while he drives, singing to the songs that come on the radio, talking about anything and everything, and driving aimlessly.

You never thought you'd actually get to do it. You thought you'd get to go road-tripping with your best friends, but never did you think you'd get to do it with your boyfriend of two years.

Hell, you never though you'd even get a boyfriend like him. Jace Lee Norman, the love of your life.

It's kind of funny; you weren't a fan of his until you met him.

Your twin sister, Bianca, was a big Henry Danger fan. And when she was diagnosed with stage three brain cancer, she used her wish from the Make A Wish Foundation to meet Jace Norman.

He came to the hospital to meet her before she went into surgery. He even stayed with you while she was in surgery, for your parents weren't around to support you. They were drug addicts and were serving time in prison for selling.

While Bianca was in surgery, Jace sat with you in the waiting room, your hand in his. You guys talked; you explained why your parents weren't here with you. How you've been working three jobs to pay for her surgery—and how that wasn't even enough. You had to sell some of your parents things as well.

When the doctor walked out, you froze. The surgery was supposed to take longer.

"[y/n]," Dr. Fran approached you, a sad look on her face.

"Why are you out of the operating room? You're supposed to be in there fixing my sister's brain!" you exclaimed, jumping out of your seat.

Jace was quickly by your side.

"[y/n]," she sighed. "I'm so sorry," her voice cracked

"Why are you apologizing?" you questioned, even though you knew.

"We did everything we could," Dr. Fran explained. "The tumor was further along than we thought. As soon as we went to remove it, she crashed. We did everything we could to revive her-"

"Try harder!" you screamed, collapsing in Jace's arms—he didn't hesitate to hold you and say sweet nothings in your ear.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, miss [y/n]," Dr. Fran said, her voice wobbly.

"Get out of my face!" you sobbed.

"It's not her fault, [y/n/n]," Jace told you.

"I know," you cried.

Since that day, you and Jace have been inseparable. And today marks two years since that moment.

You were currently sitting on the shower floor, underneath the running water, hugging your knees to your bare chest as you cry.

"[Y/N], I'm home!" Jace shouts as he walks through the front door. When he realizes the shower upstairs is running, he makes his way up to your shared bedroom. "Hey, babe, you're gunna love the idea I came up with on the way home!" he exclaims, going to turn the bathroom doorknob, but it wouldn't turn. "[y/n], why's the door locked? You never lock the bathroom door," he says.

You let out a sob, ignoring your boyfriend. "[y/n]," he grabs the key on top of the door frame and enters the bathroom. You let out another sob. "[y/n], sweetheart, is everything all right?" he questions, not opening the shower curtain to respect your privacy.