The Origin Of Quirks

"Mr.Midoriya, Mr.Todoroki, let me ask you a question..."

"...Where do quirks come from?"

僕のヒーローアカデミ

"The first person in the world to manifest a Quirk was a newborn baby in Qingqing City, China; the baby had the ability to emanate light from their body. However, that was the first quirk documented."

No one commented, a sign for Nezu to continue talking.

"What if there were others with quirks before the child, but they kept their powers hidden, or didn't even know about them? I'm sure you know of some heroes from comics from the age before quirks. It was said that they were all fictional, but what if they were based on a real person with a real quirk? The same can be applied to some creatures like Big Foot and Chupacabra, as they might be a mutation quirk. There's a lot we still don't know about quirks, even at our present time. We know they manifest at the age of 4, but why? We know they give us powers, but how? Some people are born quirkless while others are not. This has been explained through genetics as each person holds a dominant quirk gene and a recessive quirkless one, a quirkless child has two recessive genes and no dominant one, but since when has the dominant quirk gene been there? It certainly wasn't there with the creation of humanity as it would've been discovered a long time ago in that case. So what gave us the quirks we have?"

Recovery Girl remained silent as she didn't know the answer to that even though she was a quirk doctor herself.

"Then came the revelation that there are aliens. If you encountered one in the USJ, why not find one on the streets? Maybe a student here is one as well. The alien you encountered looked, as expected, non-human. But this could be mistaken for a mutation or transformation quirk. This was quickly shot down when you said that he can generate sonic waves and clone himself. As you all know, having 2 quirks is rare, but not unheard of. 3 quirks on the other hand isn't supposed to be possible."

"And why is that?" asked Shoto.

"A quirked person takes one dominant gene from a parent and a quirkless one from the other. Sometimes the person takes both, and both fuse into a whole new quirk, meaning that the person now has one gene, which is compensated for by a quirkless gene being taken. But how does a person have two quirks?"

Nezu turned to Izuku, who thought about it before replying.

"If each gene contains a quirk, for the person to have two quirks means for him to get both genes without them fusing together."

"Correct. The possibility of them fusing is very high, but if the two quirks are incompatible or strongly reject each other, the genes won't fuse, resulting in a person having two quirks."

"Like my ice and fire." added Todoroki.

Nezu nodded.

"What does this have to do with aliens?" asked Izuku.

"Back to the alien you met, he had 3 'quirks', which shouldn't be possible as a person can only be born with 2 quirks maximum, since there are only two spots available for the genes to settle in. This proves that these are truly aliens not from Earth, or even not from this universe."

Both teens nodded.

"This made me come up with a theory. Aliens have many powers that we could call quirks, and some of these quirks are present on Earth with some people, like Ectoplasm's cloning and Jiro Kyoka's sound quirk."

"Wait, Gonzale said that there were other aliens on Earth-"

"And we didn't notice. I believe that aliens have been roaming Earth for a long time now. Otherwise, why show themselves now? I looked up the internet for anything related to aliens and found out that before quirks were discovered there was an era where in some areas abnormal creatures resided; mainly in America."