chapter three - Suprise

The light breeze made the silk of my dress slip sway like waves and the moons light shine against the waters surface. The view from my balcony was breath-taking. You could see every part of the kingdom all the way to the oceans beginning.

The moon hung lazily above accompanied by stars, lighting every inch of the gardens below. I was situated in the highest turrett, the higher the better view.

"Hello Sirena. Midnight fly ?" Her land was graceful bowing her head as a gesture to be petted. Her scales were rough but i never seemed to mind. Hugging her large neck it was impossible for my hands to meet since she was.. well Watch the movie Eragon and you'll see for yourself.

Swinging over one leg I positioned myself on her back before we dived off the balcony grounds and were welcomed by the open night.

"Ariel ! Wake up !" Leaving out a sudden ooph at the drop on my body, the silky voice telling me it was in fact the little devil child Pearl.

"Pearl please let me sleep. I promise to play later." Groaning i turned to the other but the light weight moving in the same direction only to be met by suspicious silence.

Opening one eye i was met with a graceful sight of large blue eyes, wide smile with a dimple popping out and her blonde hair falling my her sides.

"Its your birthday." Her sing songy voice boomed into my ears yet she still patientely lay still.

With one loud thump and swoosh of air the calmness disappeared. Her little body raised with the speed of lightning as she ran over to Sirena bearly tripping over her long dress. As you can imagine my room and balcony are pretty large.

"My lady if you would'nt mind but we must prepare you for your ball." Two maids which i didnt notice earlier spoke up.

I was put into a light weight silver dress that hugged at my waiste, my hair left naturally wavy. Apart from flying Pearl around the Castles Grounds not much happened as everything else was left as a suprise.

But that was until the dark night fell and preperations begun. I was swuffed into gold dress tightly hugging my upper half and greatly puffing out into a circle. Sections of my hair was pinned back and curled with only a few make up put on my face.

"Oh my dear Princess Pearl you are a wonderful sight." Pearl was a princess from the fire court. And her personality sure said so too.

Joining me on the walk to the main hall several guards surrounding us to finally present us to the guests down bellow who gathered to catch a yearly glimpse of the Princess from the Prophecy.

I did have two years to practise that little speech.

"I present to you Ariel Kingston, the Princess Of Four Elements." With that the curtains were withdrawn and i was revealed to the open, Sirena by my side.

Nathaniel stepped up holding hes hand out for me to take. Giving him a cheeky smile and a raised eyebrow at hes cheesiness.

"Dont eat all the food Sirena." Calling after her all i got was a loud huff. As part of a tradition all Prince's and Princess's had to accompanied with their Dragons by their side. It did make sense after all.

"I have someone that wants to meet you at the end of the night." Bubbles whispered into my ears, leading the way sparking the curiousity inside.