chapter four - Old Friend

A tug at my dress made me peel out of my stare at the large crowd before me. Glancing down to see a petite little girl with long brown curls.

"What's your name little girl ?" I bend down to her level my smile only grew at how shy she was.

"Belle ! I told you to not bother the Princess. I am very sorry my lady." Who im guessing was her mother stepped from the crowd.

"I wanted to give the Princess my first flower mommy." From the pocket of her dress she took out a little flower mix of silver and ice blue colours.

"You have the name of a Princess, Belle. Even for a small girl you can achieve many big things." I happily accepted the flower from her hands.

"Was she pretty ?"

"Oh she was beyond beautiful. Her long brown hair captured the suns rayes, adored by her people for her kind golden heart and a magical singing voice that made all the heads turn." By the time i had finished the little speech children had gathered around us.

Which ended up becoming a story tell time to all the children that attended the ball while the others enjoyed their stay. I became a storyteller on my 21st birthday.

The night passed by and the children became tired, the hallways were dark and deserted when i was making my way back to my chambers. Yet something was odd, the balcony doors were wide open, the sheer curtains dancing with the breeze.

I stood still listening to my surroundings. Waiting for the right moment my elbow arched backwards connecting with a hard stomach and my foot stomped onto another.

"Ouch goddammit Ariel !" I would recognise that voice everywhere. Before i could react Sirena landed with a thump and a loud roar.

"Woah woah girl dont worry. He's an old friend." Jumping infront of her before she burned him alive, my hands resting on her head.

"Well you surely do look like a royal M'lady." I chuckled at hes remark waving my hand to make the lights turn on.

"And what in the world is that." He nodded hes head behind me gesturing at Sirena, very insulted actually.

"That's my dragon. And its a her not that. Sirena." I smiled at her as she snarled at the cocky bastard standing infront of us.

"Can i bite hes head off ?"

"Not today Sirena. Not today."

I believe i did fail to mention a dragon and their rider have a mind link connection, along with everything else.

"You're the someone Nathaniel wanted me to meet arent you ?

Marcus."