Spa Day

Waverly POV

After I left Nicole I headed to Shorty's to see Rosita. I walked in and went around the bar to get a drink at that point Rosita came from the basement with Dolls, I assumed it was for his next dose. I went back round with my drink and rested my chin on the bar. Rosita came up, got herself a drink and joined me. "What are you waiting for?" She asked.  "I can get you something else?"

"I never drink alone." I said.  "It's sad and depressing."

"That's why we add a cherry." Rosita said placing one cherry in her drink and one in mine.

"Thanks" I said sitting up and taking a sip.

"No thank you you're buying. Like you have been all day." Rosita said. "I think that the Virgil brothers may have maxed you out." Rosita picked up a credit card before coming back. "You left this at the baby shower" she said handing it to me. I guess blind rage can do that to you."

"Oh god was it that bad?" I asked feeling sad.

"More than Classic, less than epic." She replied. "Guess you two are still in post fight lull. That's the worst."

"No the worst would be round two and three." I said. "I can't even go home because Wynonna and Doc are... oh fudge nuggets. Sorry." I said.

"It's all good." She said laughing.

I took another sip then said "you aren't a fairy godmother are you?"

"Mhm no." She replied.

"I would do anything just to get out of here for one night." I said. Rosita looked like she was thinking. "What?"

"Bibbidi bobbidi bo." She replied.

After we finished our drinks I popped back to the homestead to get a bikini and towel.  I left immediately after going to pick up Rosita. We drove to the spa which was outside of Purgatory but wasn't too far so it only took about half an hour once we were out of Purgatory. We arrived and got changed into our bikinis and grabbed a robe each and headed for the hot tub.

Nicole POV

After Waverly left I felt even worse after what had happened with Beth she tried to defend her brother for what that psycho did he wanted it to be Waves my amazing and beautiful girlfriend, if she was still my girlfriend, and Waves had said it was alright. I trudged through the rest of my shift and as soon as I got home I sent a few texts to Waves mainly saying I love you and I am sorry.

Waverly POV

We made our way to the hot tub and relaxed in the tub. Rosita got us a glass of champagne each. We toasted and I said "to a day away from everything."

"Definitely" she replied.

"I am going to go get one of those infused waters do you want one?" I asked as I stepped out drying off. She replied with a nod. I went round the corner to the tray where the infused water was there were so many different ones to choose from.  I took a few different flavours for Rosita as I wasn't sure on which she would like.  I headed back to the tub where we were.  "They has a few different flavours I didn't know which one you wanted so I got you strawberry, lemon and cucumber."  I said as placed the glasses down and stepped back in the tub.

"What they didn't have peach." Rosita said.

"Oh dammit they did have peach." I said panicking a bit as a settled back in.  "Oh funny.  Good one.  Here."

"Thanks" Rosita said taking the glass and a sip.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"We're in a hot tub.  Hot." Rosita replied looking puzzled.

"Right.  Maybe I should go get some towels.  They're like an inch thick." I said.  Standing up.

"Waverly." Rosita said pulling me back down.

"Well this is kinda weird." I stated.  "What if the widows come back and I'm not there.  What if they find the third seal and I'm not there."

"Is this you're thing cute but annoying." Rosita said

"Sorry" I said feeling embarrassed. "You know I'll leave you alone." I started to stand again.

"Okay just keep calm and drink champagne."  Rosita said handing me my glass. "Just take a break look after yourself once."  I took a sip as Rosita closed her eyes.  "Close your eyes."  Rosita said.

I closed my eyes sighed and said "the towels are really great."

"I know I shoved a couple in my bag already."  Rosita said.

"I opened my eyes with a grin saying "oh my god."  We both laughed at it.

"You do not.  Three PHDs.  Three." I said incredibly impressed.

"Well technically only two engineering and biochemistry."  Rosita said.  "The astrology was only an online certification.  I was dating a Scorpio I panicked."

"So you come from a rocket scientist-supermodel family."  I said.

"No" Rosita responded.

"Well they must be pretty proud of you." I said.

"Mhm they aren't around anymore." Rosita said taking another sip.  "It's Okay.  It was a long time ago now."

My phone kept going off with texts from Nicole.  I was really annoyed with her still.  "Can you just answer her already." Rosita said.

"No No that's what Nicole wants me to do.  So controlling." I responded abruptly.

"I am trying not to look but I am seeing a lot of sorts." Rosita said.

"I know it's just...  This wasn't a squabble over a borrowed t-shirt." I said feeling down.

"What was in those papers anyways?"  Rosita asked.

"Stuff that made me realise that my whole life has all been lies."  I replied angrily.  "Which makes the people that supposedly care about me liars."

"Wow there it is."  Rosita said.

"What?"  I asked.

"Backbone."  Rosita replied.

"Fine." I said reaching for my phone I pulled up her texts to reply with "dear control freak I will talk to you when I want to talk to you. Until then have a nice life hurting the people that you love."

"No uh you don't have to send that." Rosita said as I pressed sent it.

"Oh my god what have I done?"  I said panicking.

"A little too much backbone." Rosita replied.  "But it is going to Okay."

"Nicole was right to hide those papers.  I never should have looked at those papers."  I said.  "I messed up.  We had it so perfect."

"Perfect is overacted.  If everything was perfect champagne wouldn't have bubbles in it."  Rosita said trying to make me feel better.

"Hmm" I replied taking another sip.

"Bubbles are made from carbon dioxide rising from nucleation points.  And nucleation points are made from defects in the glass.  That trap these tiny, vibrating pockets of the carbon dioxide.  So no defect, no magic, no bubbles."  Rosita explained.  I stared at her for a minute before leaning towards her to kiss her.  The moment I did it felt wrong there was no butterflies or spark there is when I kiss Nicole.  I pulled back quickly.

"I'm... I'm with Nicole." I said panicking.

"And I'm with Doc." Rosita said.  "I'm gonna go get changed."  Rosita stood up and got out of the tub.  After five minutes later I got out to get changed I felt sick with myself.