Chapter 38

Sophia’s POV

“So what’s the rest of the story?” he asked a bit cautiously.

“He never touched me physically but he basically killed me mentally. He ruined my home life and made my life a living hell. That’s the rest of the story.” I said as I looked at the foot of my bunk.

“Love, you’re not going to face him alone. Okay?” He looked at me and pulled me into his chest.

I curled up to him and he wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

“Okay.” I whispered as he kissed the top of my head.

“You want to go and watch a movie?” he asked as we sat there.

“Sure. Just no horror films.” I stated as I sat up and looked at him seriously.

“Oh, I think that the boys already have ‘Paranormal Activity 4’ playing.”

“Oh good lord!”

I jumped down over Nathan and went down to find where Tori was because Tori and ‘Paranormal Activity’ do not mix. She is an extremely superstitious person. Just as I thought, she was seated right in front of the flat screen with her eyes glued to it as if it was her dying day.

“Tori, you aren’t watching this. You and I both know what it does to you and I don’t particularly feel like ghost talking at four a.m. Now get up and go to bed its late.”

“But Soph!” she whined while keeping her eye locked on the screen.

“No Tori! I feel like your mother right now.”

“You sound like my mother.” she said plainly, still not looking at me.

“Tori, do I really have to resort to threatening to call your mom?”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let’s remember who’s older here.” she said as she stood up and walked past me to make a cup of tea.

“Wait, what?” Tom apparently asked for everyone, whom were all staring at us with astonished looks on their faces.

“Yeah. You didn’t know that?” Tori said as she sat back down and I sat at the booth with Nathan next to me.

They all shook their heads while looking between us.

“Yeah. Tori is exactly seven months older than me.” I said, as they all still looked astounded.

“There’s that seven again.” Nathan whispered in my ear. I nodded as I snickered a bit.

“I always thought that Soph was older.” Max said as he looked between us.

“Nope. And Holly, she’s exactly a year and two months older than me.” I said as I looked to see their reactions.

“Are you kidding me?!” Siva blurted out finally.

“No. She was born April 4th and I was born on June 4th a year later.”

“I thought that she was like a month or two older than you, but not a whole year.” Jay said as he sat there looking dumbfounded.

“Actually, Soph is the youngest out of all of us.” Tori said as she finally paused the movie.

“You are?!” everyone chorused.

“Yep. And Tom is exactly two months shy of being a decade older than me.” I stated as I watched Tom.

Everyone just sat in shock for a few moments before glancing between me and Tom. I just laughed at all of their faces. It was hilarious how none of them actually knew this about me.

"God! I feel really old now!" Tom said after a moment.

We all laughed at him and his crazy statement before I started talking.

“How about this. We play twenty questions. You guys each get four questions since there are five of you.” I said as I went and sat Indian style on the deep window ledge behind the sofa. They all agreed and got seated around me.