Chapter Twelve: Percy

As I watch Melione walk into the woods, I begin to wonder, what it is that she needs. I jog after her until she's nearly at the beach. I crouch down and sneak up behind her.
   "BOO!" I jump up and try to scare her. She doesn't even flinch.
   "Wow. Nice try salty, but I could hear you from a mile away." She says, turning around with a smirk on her face. "Anyway salty, why must you sneak up on me and attempt to scare me?"
   "Well, it's uh—its – it's a dingoes forest." I lie. There's nothing dingoes in the forest. Melonie's face turns to shock quickly.
   "DUCK!" She says. I duck (Read = fall on my face) as she laughs.
   "What's so funny?" I say, sitting up.
   "Well, I just made the oh so great and powerful son of Poseidon—" she giggles "Fall on his face!" She bursts out laughing.
   "Alright, help me up—" I pause "Melon."
   "Melon eh?" she says, helping me up. "Is that my new nickname or something?"
   "Yup." I say, brushing the dead leaves of my clothes. "Now, let's go find the beach."
   "Yes," She says. "Lets."
   As soon as we get to the beach Melione starts looking for something. She starts to run across the beach I follow after her she starts to dig up rocks "What are you doing?" I ask
   "There's a cave underneath these rocks and I need something from there" Melione replies
   I started to help her get rid of the rocks but once we do all we can see is that the cave is flooded.
   Soon after I notice Melione taking her dress off "Melione uh-what are you-uh doing?" I say stumbling upon my words
   "Relax I have a swimming suit underneath" Melione replies
   "Uh-also how long can you hold your breath?" I ask
   "Around about two and a half minutes. I think I can make it. This thing I need to find can't be that hard to find also pretty sure the cave isn't that big ..." Melione utters with a nervous tone.
   I smirk at her "Are you nervous. Melon?" I say teasingly
   "Only a little, but doesn't mean I still won't go. My dad always said if you were nervous every day of your life, you would be a human. You'd be a cockroach." Melione claims with a weak smile
   "Well you're not going to get far...so why don't I help you find whatever you're looking for?" I ask. Melione looks at me like she's seeing me for the first time.
   She smiles "Alright then, but don't think about stealing anything" Melione says sarcastically.
   "I can't make any promises, but we should hurry up we don't want to keep Nico and Annabeth waiting any longer" I say. 
   Soon after we're in the flooded cave looking around. I go under the water hoping I might find something I do, but I find a tunnel instead "Hey melon looks like where going underwater. I found a tunnel" I claim.
    "Well then, lead the way" Melione demands with a beam
   "Will do" I say dragging her under the water.