CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - April 2173 - Earth

Rebecca was lying on her bed in the Justice. She had been meditating and searching for Alexandr Sennikov for several hours. He wasn't home and didn't need to go to work until eight pm. Her plan was to intercept him before he went to work but, as time ticked by, it was looking increasingly likely that Alexandr was going straight to work without first going home. She sensed a presence and opened her eyes.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you," said Michael.

"I wasn't asleep. Are you feeling better now?"

"It doesn't get any easier?"

"Not really. You just get used to it. It still affects me when I learn a new language and I've done it four times."

"Apart from German and English, what other languages do you know?"

"Russian, Japanese – which is the next one on your list by the way – and Tranchillion."

"Tranchillion. What's that? Is it from Asia?"

Rebecca started laughing. "No. It's an alien language. You'll definitely need to learn it."

"What do the tranchillions look like?"

"They were on the introduction package you watched. Tall, green, four arms and large, razor-sharp pointed teeth."

"Oh yes. The scary looking ones."

"They're not so bad once you get to know them. I'll introduce you to my friends, Putil and Bernis, the next time we're on Tranchilite."

"Um... you're coming open slightly," Michael waved a finger in her direction.

"Sorry," Rebecca pulled the zip further up. "I was getting warm and I'm usually alone."

"That's fine with me. I enjoyed the view. But, now I've heard about your boyfriend, I don't want to tempt anything."

"Did you want something?"

"I was wondering what the next move is. We've been here a while now."

"Like I said, I wasn't asleep. I've been meditating and searching for Alexandr."

"How's that work?"

"My mind, or perhaps a better word is consciousness, leaves my body and wanders around the environment until I find what I'm looking for."

"You can see outside?"

"Not just outside. If I wanted, I could see what was happening on Tranchilite or Solaris."

"Solaris. That's the capital world, isn't it?"

"Yes. You were paying attention."

"So, have you found him?"

"Not yet. He's not home. We may have to go to his place of work."

"Which is?"

"Push. It's a nightclub."

"Is he a bartender?"

"A security guard."

"Can we have some fun while we're there? Who knows when we'll be able to again?"

"We'll see."

"When are you going to unlock my powers?"

"Once you're all together we'll go to Sentry One where General Bolgon is making a room available for us. I'll train you all there."

"Is there a reason you won't unlock my powers before then?"

"I'm just being safe. The psychic part wouldn't be too bad. You need to get stronger at that to cause any real damage. But telekinesis and fire abilities... Well there's a whole lot that could go wrong there."