CHAPTER FOUR - December 2172 - Moon / Earth

CHAPTER FOUR

December 2172

Moon / Earth

...Moon...

The interview room was a familiar place for Sean. He had been in here many times but only recently had it been from the perspective of the accused. He was used to enforcing the cooperation of suspects if they needed a little help with their memory. The threat of violence was an amazing tongue loosener he had found. Rarely had he ever had to use the physical violence he'd threatened. But the staff here knew that those tactics wouldn't work with him so they never bothered trying.

This was day six since he'd been back and so far his father (General Bolgon) had kept his promise but he was growing tired of the questions. Sean looked at the MP in front of him. It would be so easy to snap his neck and go find them, he thought.

The MP in the room was facing away from him and Sean, for a fleeting moment, almost took action. But he knew the possibilities of getting away were virtually nil. Besides – he didn't know where they were keeping his three targets. By now he was sure they were here on Sentry One. It just felt right.

"When will General Bolgon get here?" asked Sean.

The MP turned back to face him, "He is on his way. But I would prefer it if you could tell me something – anything. I'm not looking very good right now double ess. Give me something."

"You already knew that I'll only talk to the General. Besides – I don't give a toss about your job. I don't know you or owe you."

The MP let out a long sigh, "Fine." He marched out of the room leaving Sean alone.

Sean's head turned to the right, We need to get out of here. We won't find them while sitting here. Sean's head turned to the left, We don't need to find them. It's over. Let's start afresh. Back to the right, You're a pussy. Look at what she did to us.

Sean subconsciously reached towards his groin. He was effectively a eunuch now. That bastard, Peter Brellio, had ordered the vicious removal of both his testicles and his penis while under a tortuous interrogation. A snarl formed on his face as he remembered it. And it was all Suzanne Cox's fault.

His head turned to the left, It's still over. We need to move on. Back to the right, Fuck moving on. She needs to die.

"Stop it – both of you," said Sean out loud. The voices disappeared. He really needed to control that better. If the General found out he was still being influenced by his crazy voices he'd never get to the bitch and her two boyfriends.

There was a tap on the door before General Bolgon entered carrying a folder, "I understand you haven't been cooperating Sean."

"I have been cooperating but I'm getting a little annoyed at the repeated questions. I have one of my own father."

Jim sat opposite his son and placed the folder, unopened, on the table between them, "Go ahead."

"When will we start the memory selection process?"

"As soon as we're done here son. I want you back to normal. Are you still adamant about keeping your memories?"

"Yes father."

Jim leaned back in his chair, "Fine. This part of the process is done. I'll arrange for your treatment to start tomorrow. I just need to ask you a few more questions first – okay?"