CHAPTER THREE - February 2173 - Osolieus / Greko / Solaris / Varso

CHAPTER THREE

February 2173

Osolieus / Greko / Solaris / Varso

...Osolieus...

Tor' Thrum felt his master's presence approaching before the door opened. He tilted his egg-shaped body/head forwards — basking in the feeling of his master's aura approaching. He was in the form of an osolite. He still looked like a dark, angry cloud but with legs that were five feet long and extremely thin. He had no body to speak of as an osolite's head was attached directly to its legs. His eyes, large and black, were situated on either side of his head.

"Tor' Thrum, my friend," called out Zeb' Zeptre as he glided into the room — not bothering to move the long, thin legs of the osolite form he inhabited.

Tor' Thrum rose from his seat and attempted a bow as his master approached. "Master."

"Everything seems to be going to plan." Zeb' Zeptre moved past Tor' Thrum, knowing that he would follow. He stopped at the window which looked out upon the city in which they were staying. "It is all very... beautiful, do not you think."

Tor' Thrum looked at the view. "Not for much longer."

A smile formed on Zeb' Zeptre's osolite face. "Yes. You are right. I have just received word from my contact on Solaris. The council has set up a meeting. I feel sure that things will soon go our way. The fools only see what is placed directly in front of them. All my disciples are ready and waiting for my command. I am sure that the council will vote to send aid to Tranchilite. Once that has happened, we will strike."

Tor' Thrum had been waiting for his master to finish. He knew the penalty for interrupting his master's speeches. "I think it is a stroke of genius to have all their forces split in the way you have devised."

"They will not know what is happening on their own worlds until it is too late. This plan is brilliant — even if I do say so myself."

Tor' Thrum knew to massage his master's already massive ego at every opportunity. "It goes beyond brilliant, master. Only a genius, such as yourself, could come up with a plan this bold."

"You are too kind, Tor' Thrum. Remind me to make you the head of my army one day." Zeb' Zeptre continued to look out the window and thought about all the devastation that would soon befall this and every other planet in the Confederation. "In a way, Dowdneer is responsible for the changes to my plan. If he had not messed up on Tranchilite then every other planet's defence would have been a lot stronger."

Tor' Thrum decided to massage his master's ego a little more. He knew that the one thing Zeb' Zeptre liked, even more than being told he was brilliant, was to show it and talk about himself. "Can you go over the plan one more time, master?"

They moved back towards the centre of the room. "Aeshapo'po'x will be here soon — but we have a little time — so why not." Zeb' Zeptre's mass grew even darker than it already was as he began to go over the plans. "Soon, the idiots on the council will order the entire Confederation to send a portion of their military to help Tranchilite. Due to my disciples — those forces will be made up of soldiers not affiliated to me. Therefore, they will be severely weakened on their home planets. That is when we will begin our attack. And — here is the part you do not know about yet — you will go with the soldiers sent from here."

Tor' Thrum almost interrupted his master at this point but remained quiet.

"You will take three communication disruptors with you and secretly attach one to each StarGate in the tranchillion system before returning here. That will hold up any possible help they could give their home worlds as they will not know they are under attack. Now, Tor' Thrum. Tell me that you are not even more impressed with my plan than before."