Ep. 4

{ Song: Baseline - Jhope }

☆彡

"-and five and six and seven and eight. And done!"
Hoseok stood in place while the other three collapsed on the floor, breathing heavily.

"Come on guys, we won't win if you get tired after only forty minutes." Hoseok said as he slid his hand through his wavy, chestnut hair. Although his face flushed feverishly from dancing vigorously, he stood straight as if he wasn't fazed at all.

"Oh please god have mercy. J-hope... how did that seem like only forty minutes to you?" Jimin questioned as he sluggishly sat up.

"Can we please take a break? I can hear my KitKat calling me from my bag." Jana whined while rolling on her side and dramatically stretching her arm out to the direction of her bag.

"No! No break! And no eating until we perfect this routine. Now get up, you lazy asses."

He demanded but got annoyed groans out of his other three companions in response. Jana barely managed to stand up and stumbled over to him.

"Listen, Hoseok. I know you're serious about this. I want to win as much as you do. But we have been here for six hours! Not forty minutes. It's eight thirty now."

"Yeah, Hobi. Let's just call it a day." Jungkook added.

"You guys don't realize that the competition is tomorrow?! We still have to work more on our formation!"

"Hope, we won't be able to dance tomorrow if we burn ourselves out now!"

"Just work a little harder, Jungkook. Why can't you just do that?"

Jungkook hastily got up just as those words left Hoseok's mouth.

"Am I not working hard enough for you?!"

"No, you just want to go home instead of practicing"

"'Cause we've been here for six goddamn hours Hobi!We're tired!"

That was when Jana decided to finally step in.
"Okay guys, no need to fight about this, we're a team so let's act like it."

"Oh please. Don't try to be mature now, you've been sulking the entire time"

"Jungkook, I'm saving your sorry ass now, so you better shut up."

Just as Jungkook was about to reply with another sassy remark, they all heard their phones beep, indicating that they had received a notification. They checked their phones, wondering about how coincidental it was for them to receive notifications at the same time. But it was not a mere coincidence.
Jungkook grinned as he read the contents of the message before speaking.

"Well. It looks like we deserve a break now"

"Yeah they postponed the competition last minute, look Hobi!" Jana said and extended her phone so close to Hoseok's face.

"Yes, Jana, I can see that on my own phone"

"It seems like they postponed it till the end of this semester," Jimin said as he read through the email. "Good, that gives us enough time to practice more and perfect this choreography"

With a heavy sigh, Hoseok put his phone down and started packing his stuff into his gym bag and walked away when he was done.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

"Home. You guys wanted a break, right?" And with that he was out of sight.

"I'll go talk to him." She hurriedly picked up her bag and followed after him.

"Bye Jimin, bye Jungkook." They waved back at her as she rushed out.

She paced down the sidewalk and sped up when she saw her friend.

"Hoseok! Wait up!"
He halted his steps and turned around to look at her small figure running in order to catch up with him.

"Jana, something wrong?"

"No, just .. don't be upset. I promise I'll work hard so that we can win this year."

He stared at her before letting a small smile creep on his face. He moved his hand to ruffle her hair earning a short whine from her.

"Don't worry, I'm not upset. Just a bit frustrated and stressed. I... really want to win. It means so much to me."

"And we will. I won't forgive myself if we don't."

Hoseok was rather surprised at her reply. He rarely saw her acting so serious and determined. He held her gaze for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

"Huh? What? Why are you laughing?"

He took a few moments to catch his breath as his giggles died down.

"What are you being so dramatic for? Really, Jana, it's weird seeing you like this."

"Hey! I was trying to reassure you. Fine! I won't talk again." She did her signature sulky move where she crossed her arms and bit the inside of her cheek as she stomped away.

"Yah, come on I was joking," He yelled after her then took hold of her arm and turned her to face him. "I was joking. I really appreciate your determination. Let's work hard yeah?"

Jana relaxed her face into a beautiful smile and held up her hand for a fist pump, which Hoseok gladly returned.

"Yo, idiots!"

They turned back to be met with the sight of Jungkook waving his hand as he walked towards them alongside Jimin.

"Y'all really decided to ditch us like that, huh."

"Jungkook, I literally just told you 'bye'"

"Jana"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up, will you"

.....

Smack

"Ow! What the fuck!"

"Language, Jeon."

"You literally just punched me!"

"Yeah so? You were asking for it."

"As much as I want to watch you both rip your heads off, I'm so damn hungry, so let's get moving, yeah?" Jimin interrupted, pushed them both aside, then walked away. He took a few steps ahead only to turn his head back to them. "Y'all coming?"

Jungkook and Jana looked at other before Jana smacked his head again and ran towards Jimin as if her life depended on it.

"HEY! Jana!! Get back here. That's abuse!"

Hoseok watched them chase each other with Jimin standing on the side and laughing along with them. He looked at the scene in front him, his face revealing his remarkable smile that shined brighter than sun rays.
Though Hoseok was a cheerful person with a bright vibe, he wasn't the type to vocally express his feelings; he was always grateful to have his friends by his side.

{ ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ }