Auditions and Training Part 2

After that night in the car with Joy and Seulgi-noona, we became close friends. But after training for a year, we started growing apart because the ladies and the men started to train separately and were asked to meet less. As a trainee, I did not want to break any rules even if I'm a shareholder of the company.

Within the year instead, I decided to look for the idol girl that I dated back in the previous world. Cheesy as it sounds, but that's what I did. But sadly, she was nowhere to be found.

I decided to focus myself on my training, but there was still no news of when I was going to debut. EXO on the other hand debuted months ago. The problem was, there were just 7 of them. Chen-sunbaenim debuted as a solo artist.

This was sad news for me. The instructors were even curious as to why I was so down during his debut, when I should be celebrating.

For me EXO will always be EXO-M and EXO-K combined as one and will forever be one of the most iconic k-pop groups in the world.

Good news for Joy and Seulgi-noona though. About a month ago, I was called to a board meeting in the company. We made it as discreet as possible since we didn't want the entire company to know that a trainee is a shareholder of the company.

___________

1 month ago...

The board and I decided to launch a new girl group. It would be a four-member group. We discussed the nominees for the group and I decided to stay silent to prevent any biases since I know Seulgi-noona and Joy.

As if fate was on the move, they became part of the top choices for the group together with the third member, Irene-noona.

And then there were two more...

I'm probably going to use my power as a shareholder at this point.

"So as I was saying, we should put Somi in the group. We need someone who can speak English fluently." One of the board members said.

So Jeon Somi is in SM? Hmm...

I should be used to this messed up switched-thing in this world.

I shouldn't be thinking about it at this time. This group is on the line.

I have to fight for those members to be nominated instead of Somi. I must fight for the legit Red Velvet to exist in this world.

"I agree with Han-nim. Somi is fitting for the role." Another board member answered.

"Hmm... I think we should ask the legendary prodigy himself. He would know what's best. Sajang-nim?" One of my uncles who was my dad's friend tried to hear my opinion.

This guy...

I chuckled at my uncle's suggestion. He clearly knew me best and that's why I like him above all the other people here.

Before I answered, I scanned all the documents to analyze something.

Somi is still very raw. I don't think she's ready to debut yet. I think rejecting her would probably be the reason why she transferred to JYP. Let's see what happens.

Let's see...

Great, they're both here...

I threw both of their profiles on the table.

"Sajang-nim... are you saying that we will choose from this two?" One of the board members asked.

"But Sajang-nim, one of them just started training, the other one can't speak English." Another board member added.