End of the Rookie Year

"Still thinking of about that saesang fan of yours?" Seiji-hyung asked.

"Yeah... somehow... I can't seem to shake it off." I replied.

He placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's been 3 weeks since the incident. I thought you'd be over it by now."

I shook my head. "I don't know why. But it seemed so traumatizing."

It's the day before Christmas and we were packed. Tomorrow's our day off and I plan to spend it well. The day after tomorrow is the song festival. After that, it's going to be hectic since it's going we'll be promoting our new album by then. But I was still stuck with the thought of that saesang fan of mine and what she could possibly do to me and the people around me.

I need to shake this off.

We're currently at our dance studio in the company's building and we were running through our routine for the festival. It's still 10AM in the morning and we're taking a 15 minute break before going at it again.

To make things worse, I have a scheduled meeting with JYP PD-nim at lunchtime. He actually squeezed this in my schedule because he says that it's important. I don't know what it is, but it better be important.

I wonder what it is that it couldn't even wait until after the technical and costume rehearsal tonight.

Oh yeah. Tonight would be our rehearsals for the festival. So we're really packed today.

"Don't dwell on it too much, JayB" Matt-hyung came over handing me a sports drink.

I accepted it. "Thanks. To both of you."

They just smiled at me while Matt-hyung patted my shoulder.

"Guys! Guys! Guys! Check this out!" Zee came barging in the door and frantically turned on the television in the studio.

Everyone in the room including the trainees, the GOT7 members and even IU-sunbaenim who was in one of the corners minding her own business, huddled and watched what was on the television.

"Today, the KPOP summit for every CEO has come to a conclusion." A reporter announced.

Right.

Every year, all the CEOs of the 5 companies would come together and discuss what went through this year and what could be improved. 7 years ago, it was Show Me Your Case. I wonder what they discussed this year.

"Look! It's the CEO of SM!" Bam Bam said.

The CEO of SM then came to be interviewed. "We can't tell you all the details for now. But the five companies will be holding a press conference to tell you what we've discussed. For now, this is all we can tell you, we are planning to let all producers from idol groups manage and produce for the upcoming idol groups in their respective companies. This will not only impart the values of the company but also their knowledge and skill for composition and producing."

When we heard that, we were all shocked.

We were already busy at it is. Now, some of us were going to manage a new group? It would really take a toll on us. Plus, this would create competition between fellow idols.

"What the heck are they planning?" Jiwoo asked.

"He never could keep his mouth shut until the conference, couldn't he?"

We all turned around to see where the voice was coming from and saw PD-nim leaning on the door frame of the studio. The people in the room greeted him.

I on the other hand, glared at him.

"Everyone, we're cutting this practice short. I'll meet you guys at the rehearsals later tonight. I have a lot of meetings to attend to. Starting with the trainees." He said.