The Start

Later, Taylor closed the book she had read about her mother having to endure heartbreak and unbearable pain. And at sixteen, she couldn't even imagine. Two years younger than her. She went to the Queen's garden. She saw her mother reading in the back of the garden, sitting on a small bench, with a small flower with bright reds and oranges tucked behind her ear. She looked up from her book, "Enjoy the book?" Taylor sat down next to her mother and rested her head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry." was all she said. Her mother gave her a small smile. "I didn't realize my life was so depressing." She huffed a laugh. "Do you know what my friend told me long ago that kept me from breaking sometimes?" She shook her head. "My friend told me 'Don't let that light go out.' My friend who died many years ago for her kingdom told me that. She was a princess like you." Her mother stood up. "Get up. Come with me." Taylor stood and followed her mother. They passed a painting of her parents and her as a baby in her mother's arms. That was her favorite painting. She kept following her down the training courses, past the gates, and into the forest of Oakwald. She stopped in front of a small tree. "Magic. I know you have a fire. Probably not as much as I did, but close. You only have a little bit of ice wind. So burn the tree to ashes." Was her mother crazy? Her mother's smile told her enough of her intentions. "I don't know how to summon more than a flicker." "Close your eyes and imagine there is a well. Go down into that well of power, however long that must take, then bring it up to use it." Taylor closed her eyes and saw it, she tunneled down into it. For ten minutes she could feel it as she came back up, she opened her eyes and could feel it. She pictured how she was going to burn the tree down and she did it. That simple. "Good." her mother said. She moved to a bigger tree. "Now this one."

They did this for hours. She saw a white wolf sit by a nearby tree and keep watch for a while. When they headed back it was dinner time the White Wolf of Doranelle followed them. As they walked along her mother said, "You did really good for the first time. I will talk to your father about just you and me lessons, but no one can exactly stop me from teaching you. You will need all the practice you can get because I know you have even more magic than I do, and more than your siblings, okay." She nodded. "I will have lots of food sent up to your room, after that you may read for a bit then go to bed. Using your magic comes at a price. Also known as food and rest or else you will have a burnout, but we can discuss that tomorrow." She walked on to the dining room and so Taylor went upstairs, and changed into another nightgown. And when she walked out of the closet she saw the pile of food waiting for her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was a bit shorter one but the next will be longer!