Complicated

They headed back soaking wet. "You know you could dry us off, right?" Liara said as they were heading back. They didn't want to be caught out there in the dark. "I wouldn't know how without burning one of us." "Well, it was worth a try I guess." she said shrugging. As they neared the fortress she saw Brydan walk out assessing them. "Where were you?" he asked. Like it was his business. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know, was I doing this out for my own pride again?" she exclaimed. "Come on. Will you ever forgive me? I only snapped at you because you scared me. I was scared that they would take you, or worse that they would kill you." There was actual pain in his eyes. "Were you scared for my life or Sellene's disappointment?" He looked even more hurt by that. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked glancing at Liara. Liara gave her glance to see if that's what she wanted. Taylor gave her a nod. Liara headed up towards the fortress. Once she was out of earshot, Brydan walked over. "Taylor, I'm sorry for snapping at you. And I know you might hate me forever because of it, but I want you to know before you make that decision, that ... I love you." Taylor looked like she had just seen a ghost. "I ... don't know what to say." She always had something to say, so it kind of shocked him too. "It's okay you don't have to say anything now, I took you by surprise." he said. Then without a word, he turned and strode towards the fortress, leaving her in shock. "I would come before something else decided that your it's next meal." She started walking and when she caught up she asked him, "Did you really mean that?" He glanced at her. "Why would I lie?" It did make sense why he was the one who wouldn't stop looking for her during the aftermath of the race, why he always taunted her, and why he was always trying to be near her. But she would do the same for him. She has done the same for him. She cursed under breath. "What?" he asked. "Well this just made my life even more complicated." she said. He just let out a laugh. "It certainly did." he said. She let out a breathy laugh. As they walked through the wooden doors Taylor said, "See you tomorrow." She walked down the halls, not able to hide her bright smile. As she was walking around the corner from somewhere Rowan appeared next her. She jumped back, gods he was so stealthy. "What was that about?" he asked her. "He wanted to know why Liara and I missed dinner tonight." She was a smooth liar so she doubted he could detect it. And besides it was a half truth, that's what her mother taut her. "If you excuse me, I am tired, so can I go to my room without you hovering over me?" "Fine." he said, and turned around heading the opposite way. She continued down the halls until she reached her room. She opened the door and stepped in to see Liara had brought up food for them. She kicked off her shoes and went straight for the food. 

        "So what did he say?" Liara asked as they were eating. "Oh, nothing much. He just apologized." She sketched a brow. "I really doubt that." Taylor rolled her eyes. "Fine. You can't tell anyone. Promise?" Liara nodded. "I promise." "Okay, Brydan told me that before I make a decision to hate him or something that he wanted to tell me something. That he ... loves me." she said quickly. Liara gaped at her. "What did you tell him?" she asked rather loudly. "Shh. You have to be quiet about it. I told him that I didn't know what to say. No one but my family and Asterin has ever said that to me, or me to them." Asterin was as close as a sister to her, and they had known each other their entire lives so they had said that to each other before. Liara was thinking, she could tell by the expression on her face. "Well, how do you feel about it? Do you feel the same way, are you still mad, or do you not like him in that way? It's your choice but he'll probably want an answer soon, knowing Brydan, he is not a patient person." She thought about all of it, what she admitted to herself earlier. That she would have spent all day searching for him if he had gone missing, that she taunted him the same way, and that she likes being near him. She didn't realize why he was the only other male outside her family, that she actually danced with, or why she always forgave him so easily, or why she could tell him so many things. And if she got her heart broken it would be worth it. She loved her family and friends, and he was one of them, just in a different way. And that's when she realized the most important thing in her life. The one thing that she would not tell anyone for fear. Actual fear that those soldiers who could have killed her family last night, could find out and use it against her. She would not tell anyone not even him. But she could admit one thing. "I do," she said and it was answer enough.