Dinner Discussions

She woke up woke up and looked around the dim chamber in the cliff. She stood up and decided to use those wolf hunting abilities to track down her family since she didn't know how far down stream she had went. The Little Folk let her go out in search for them. But they did give her more berries. She snacked on them while she looked for a way to get onto the cliff again. It seemed she had slept through the night. She shifted and began sniffing for any trails that animals might have used in the past to get back up there. Along the sides there was a steep trail that she guessed deer and elk would have used to come and get water. She climbed the steep trail up onto the cliff side. Luckily it seemed she washed up on the side the fortress was on. She went along in the direction she hoped way where they were racing. She picked up Rowan and Breanna's scent which was a good sign. It meant she was fairly close by. She followed their trail for an hour not seeing the fortress yet. But she kept on following. She started to recognize the trees. She saw the firewood pile where the skinwalkers had found her. She raced up the trail. Then in front of her loomed the fortress. She shifted back into her fae form. She raced pass the wards and into the yard in front of the fortress. As she neared the doors, Rowan, Breanna, Liara, and Soaren came rushing out those doors to meet her. They held her in a tight embrace, except for Soaren who looked so guilty. She would have stood and watched were it not the fact that she knew it was genuine. He slowly walked over and joined them in the embrace. He whispered to her, "I'm sorry." She just held him tighter. "I'm okay. You didn't know." She freed herself from the crushing hold. "I'm tired and I want real food please. If you let me eat I will tell you who saved me." she said.

       Apparently it was dinner when she had gotten redressed and was down in the kitchens. Brydan had just come back after hearing she got here on her own. He had been searching all day which seemed exaggerate but the fact that people cared enough about her to even do that was heartwarming. He lied by saying the only reason he was out there was so that he would keep in Sellene's good graces when she asked. She knew it was a lie. After spending so much time around him she could tell. She had stomped on his foot and hissed, "That's for lying." he rolled his eyes but gave a small smile when she turned away, but she caught it. She sat down at the table and everyone looked to her. It took her a moment to register why. "The Little Folk were the ones that helped me." Everyone except Rowan, looked at her in awe. "They did the same with your mother, I'm not surprised they like you too." he said. Now everyone looked to him. "How do you think we are here today? They saved her from Maeve after we freed her and were trying to escape back to Terrasen. They also returned Mab's crown to it's rightful owner." She saw the beautiful crown with swan wing like designs. She had her own fancy crown made of silver and emeralds to represent Terrasen's colors. She didn't like to wear it though it was heavy and it hurt her head if she wore it too long. But dresses on the other hand she could do that. She had the most beautiful dresses. Her favorite was a slim, dark purple one. It was a smooth velvet and it had long sleeves. She had only wore it once and her mother said that nobody could stop staring. She had noticed a few males her age introduce themselves but she ignored them. It wasn't that she didn't want to dance or anything like that, she was a perfect dancer. It was that it felt like a violation to herself to be dancing with someone who she didn't like. She always felt embarrassed admitting that because her mother told her that though she could find a mate one day that she herself had danced with other people besides Rowan and her family, and that shouldn't stop her from having fun. She never had any friends to dance with even Asterin, she was a terrible dancer. And of course someone had to bring up dancing for some reason. "Beltane is in two days." Liara said from across the table. "Are any of you other girls, " she said with a pointed glance at the boys. "I'm not asking you, I know you don't get dressed up." she said to them. "But girls, are any of you getting dressed up? I am." Breanna shrugged. She would help her sister find something. She gave Liara a wicked smile. "Of course." Brydan chuckled next to her. "What?" she asked jabbing him in the ribs. He batted her hand away. "Just seeing you in a dress makes me wonder." "Wonder what?" she asked. "I wonder if your dancing skills are very good. If you look the part you have to play the part." he said smiling. "Don't insult her dancing skills it will be the last thing you ever do." Rowan warned him. "Her dancing is quite beautiful." Breanna said proudly. "We'll see." Brydan said. She snarled at him. He just laughed. That was what she liked about him. He wasn't afraid of her. That snarl would have sent most males running. It has sent them running. So she gave him a rare smile for that.