FOUR

"Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right path but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands. "
                            ~Anne Frank
___________________________
Everyone is present at the dinner table. We are currently having Pork Chops with Fig and Grape Agrodolce. (My brother's favourite.)
"You never told me how today went, Stella." my dad asks
"Sorry dad, it was quite good and enlightening." I say recalling the incident at the café.
"If you say so, I just wish you the best in all your endeavours."
"Thanks, dad." I reply
"Nobody asked me how my day was." the jealous 11-year-old cutely asks.
We discuss our first day at school and work considering we were back on track after the New Year's Holiday.
__________________________

"I can't believe mall day has been ruined." Lisa groans in frustration.
"Maybe, but on the bright side, we are rendering community service." I smile trying to convince her.
"I knew you would say that." she rolls her eyes.
At school today, a team of health care professionals from our local hospital invited us to their annual blood donation programme. This also implied no mall day for Lisa and me till next week, but I honestly felt it was a wonderful initiative and quickly volunteered.
__________________________
"Next, 347." the nurse says
I know it's my turn but I look at my card number to confirm. (Call me paranoid or whatever but needles freak me out.)
"You must be new to all this." the nurse says as she notices my facial expression.
"Absolutely." I respond
"Injections aren't bad, look on the bright side you are saving a life." I nodded a little bit unsure about the former.
I retract what I said earlier (This is NOT wonderful.) as the scary needle penetrates  my flawless skin.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share. 🙏