EIGHTEEN

"Do not be afraid of the enemies that attack you, but be afraid of the friends that flatter you."
                               ~Unknown
___________________________

It has been a month since I arrived at the quarantine facility. Life hasn't been the same as expected. My family come from time to time, but it still does not feel like home. As the days go by, I get used to it, but with my birthday next month, I'm no longer sure. I begin to wonder what it will be like to spend months or probably......years-  celebrating each birthday within the confines of the unknown. Rebecca keeps reassuring me that progress is being made. As the sole person affected, progress equals nothing but freedom.
*****************************
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"I had a feeling this was a bad idea." Dr Lance says.
"Look on the bright side, we know it wasn't a mad scientist." Sophie says.
Lance shakes his head and says; "However, those innocent nurses were harassed. Don't you feel guilty?"
"Every profession has its risks." Sophie defends.
"Can we stop making allegations and actually gather facts?" Lance asks.
"The fact is- there could someone behind all this." Sophie says, convinced.
Lance looks at her sceptically. "And who could that be?" he asks.
Just then, Smith enters the room saying; "He was confirmed dead, 37 minutes ago."
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share. 🙏