SIXTEEN

"You are not paid for having a brain, you are only rewarded for using it intelligently."
                               ~Unknown
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"Anything yet?" Dr Lance asks.
"Not much. We are hosting an asymptomatic carrier who also happens to be the only surviving host." Sophie says.
"So far." Dr Smith completes.
"What about the secondary contacts?" Dr Lance directs to Sophie.
"We have not found anything useful. We may need to test the tertiary contacts." Sophie replies.
"I agree, but we keep going in circles." Smith says with frustration.
"Anything worthwhile must take time." Lance mutters.
*****************************
"I am beginning to think this could be a chemical weapon." Marshall says while placing the room.
"Is it not too early to start pointing fingers? Or are you bothered about your political ambition?" Dr Rebecca replies.
"How else can you explain such a condition that is unheard of. What bothers me most is the fact that nobody knows how it came into existence. This could be a plot to wipe us out."
"Enough of the pessimism. It may be caused by a genetic mutation, but it is definitely not a chemical weapon. She wouldn't be alive if that was the case."
"I am sure of one thing. That virus is an active time bomb." Marshall says.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share. 🙏