THIRTEEN

"All progress is precarious and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another."
         ~Martin Luther King Jr.
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"This is absurd." Dr Lance says to himself while entering the room.
"Test results are out." He turns to Dr Smith.
"What do they say?" Dr Smith asks.
"In summary, all close relatives tested negative to the RNA."
"Typical. How about secondary and tertiary contacts?" Dr Smith asks while fiddling with his pen.
"Our team is currently working on that. This is unheard of." he says pointing to the results. Dr Smith reaches out for a copy of the result.
"I have a feeling we are missing something vital." he
replies.
"What could that be?" Lance ponders.
"Any travel history in the last 30 days?"
"None on the record. She has been in town since the New Year. I doubt if this is an imported case." Lance says.
"Sophie told me how the assessment went. Stella had a mental breakdown. I can only imagine the stress she is going through; her life being disrupted." Smith says.
"One can only imagine. We need her stable to figure all this out." Lance replies.
"I did a little research and found something interesting." Dr Smith says.
"What did you...."
"Sirs, Mr Marshall has requested your presence in the briefing room." a secretary interrupts.
"We will be right there." Dr Lance replies.
*****************************
"All hands must be on deck. Material resources and expertise will be duly provided. I give the best, I expect nothing but the best." Marshall addresses the medical team.
"Over to you Dr Lance." He says.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share. 🙏