FOURTEEN

"After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."
                  ~Nelson Mandela.
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"I appreciate your hard work and co-operation, but we need to make sure no stone is left unturned concerning this matter, as far as contact tracing goes. The suspected index case must be properly monitored and kept within the confines of this facility till a solution is met." The head of the medical team, Dr Lance says.
He continues;
"The suspected index case, female, aged 21, resident of Rosewood, was discovered through the annual obligatory blood donation programme, by a team of laboratory technicians on the 20th of March, 2020. Numerous independent samples tested by the team indicated an unusual protein coat in the lymph nodes of the patient. This I must tell you was discovered completely by chance." (he pauses.)
"The patient currently residing in this facility, has undergone other testing procedures, indicating no symptom of any known medical condition. Our team has come to a unanimous decision to call a spade -a spade.......and a virus - a virus. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a virus unknown to mankind, detected only by luck, with no known form of transmission.....currently living in just a single host----This is VIRO-20."
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share. 🙏