THIRTY

"If you don't make sacrifice for what you want, what you want ends up being the sacrifice."
                             ~Unknown
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"The ambulance has arrived. They are taking Stella to the island. We need to stop that mad man." Dr Lance says.
"Shit!" Dr Rebecca mutters.
*****************************
<3 hours later>
"What were you thinking, Marshall? How could you send her away? Sooner or later you are going to regret this." Dr Lance says.
"It is you who would be thanking me later. I made the best decision for all of us. Besides, Stella chose this path."
"She chose the island because of your selfishness. Imagine all she went through during her stay in this facility, to crown the torment - you send her off to Staple on her birthday. Has she not suffered enough?"
"You are not paid to insult me, Lance. Go back to work!" Marshall says.
"Work? Sophie has quit the team by the way. As for Dr Smith, he is nowhere to be found. In fact..." A nurse interrupts them
"Dr Lance, your presence is needed at the theatre. There is an emergency." she says.
****************************
"This is all your fault. That cleaner would not have exposed himself to the virus. If you hadn't sent Stella packing." Dr Lance says, but Marshall does not reply.
"We have to validate the vaccine. We need to bring Stella back." Lance says.
"By no means are we bringing her back." Marshall says.
"You know what? I quit."
(A nurse enters the office- looking panicked)
"Sir, there is a commotion at the emergency ward. It appears there are 19 similar cases of people bleeding profusely, just like the dead cleaner. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but......the virus has indeed returned." she says.
Marshall looks at Dr Lance, bewildered.
"We need the carrier back." He says.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading 'The Carrier'. Do not forget to vote or share.🙏

Do you agree with Marshall's last statement?
"We need the carrier back."