NINETEEN

"What you know, is not as important as what you do with what you know."
                               ~Unknown
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"This good news comes at a time when all hope appeared to be lost. It is sad to say that patient zero was confirmed dead about two hours ago. We do not know the actual time of death. However, intelligence gathered from the autopsy conducted indicated the presence of VIRO-20 in his bloodstream. This discovery was made possible because before he died, he contacted the hospital where our index case donated her blood samples for testing. The body of the deceased is currently undergoing further medical examination at the hospital with some members of our team in attendance." Marshall briefs.
"We shall begin contact tracing starting from his immediate relatives. We are yet to gather information concerning symptoms of the disease with the emergence of this new case. We shall not relent in our efforts to curb the spread of this virus even if it means revealing this to the general public." Marshall concludes.
*****************************
"I wonder how Stella will feel about this?" Sophie says.
"There is hope for her." Dr Lance replies.
"The scary part is that, he called the hospital before passing on. He must have been aware of his fate." Dr Smith says.
"At least we now have something concrete to work with by the time his blood sample arrives the facility." Dr Lance replies.
"Speaking of which - don't you think he is the creator of all this mess? The whole thing looks fishy. Just when we are almost giving up on this case, he comes in - dead on arrival." Smith says
"Pointing accusatory fingers won't take us anywhere. The best we can do is appeal to Marshall to invite the Investigative Bureau." Dr Lance says.
"Marshall forgot a vital piece of information during the briefing. The deceased was a microbiologist and a professor at that." Dr Smith says.
"And how do you know that?" Lance asks.
"I have my sources at the hospital." Smith says boldly
"All this could be a science experiment gone wrong." Sophie ponders.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share.🙏