TWENTY TWO

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
           ~Theodore Roosevelt

___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"Don't you think it is too early to ascertain a cure?" Sophie asks Dr Lance.
"Marshall certainly does not care about that. Unfortunately, his political ambition is his only priority." he replies.
"The professor left little information about the vaccine in his journal. He did not even give it a name." Sophie says.
"I doubt if he was sure of what he was doing, to start with. I bet he wanted a cure by all means." Dr Smith says.
Lance sighs "Where we lack in expertise, we must make up in material terms." he says.
"It is sad to say that instead of curing a disease he created another. What an irony!" (Smith pauses.)
"What could have gone wrong?. Maybe he must have forgotten something essential." Smith ponders.
"Such illegal vaccines do not undergo any form of clinical trial. They are bound to fail." Lance concludes.
"My sympathy goes to his daughter who was ignorant of all this. She is now officially an orphan." Sophie says.
"There are numerous unanswered questions but we can only forge ahead." Dr Lance concludes.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share.🙏