TWENTY EIGHT

"We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love."
                        ~Laverne Cox
___________________________

"My parents told me about their meeting with Marshall. How could he be so insensitive?" I say.
"Stella, I have known that man for almost ten years. This is a tiny display of his selfishness. He has always been nothing but power-hungry." Dr Rebecca reppies.
"I refuse to take that vaccine, especially at this pressing time. I will rather die at the island than test any vaccine." I say.
"I must tell you the truth Stella, the only way you can overcome that virus is to receive the vaccine. In turn, we need time to work properly on the vaccine. Time- something Marshall is not willing to give us. Transferring you to the island will not do you any good. It is like cutting you off from the rest of the world, burying this case." Rebecca says.
(I am left speechless.)
"I frankly regret dragging you into this mess. I sometimes wish I should have taken you to a minor facility even if may take years to find a solution. This is all my fault, Stella." Rebecca laments.
"Rebecca, if anyone is to blame, it should be Marshall. He is only concerned about creating the perfect image for himself. Being the hero in everyone's eyes." I say.
"I still take full responsibility, and in whatever decision you make, I am strongly behind you. It is sad to say that Marshall will never rest until he quenches his undying thirst for power." Dr Rebecca says.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share.🙏