TWENTY FIVE

"Be content with what you have because; the liver of a lion is a vain wish for the dog."
                               ~Unknown
___________________________
{THIRD PERSON POV}
"Has Ryan Kelly been tested?" Dr Smith asks.
"Yes. He tested negative to the virus." Sophie replies.
"It baffles me how none of Stella's close contacts has the virus." Smith says.
"What is equally surprising is how Stella herself contracted it. You said she had limited physical contact with Professor Mark right?" Sophie asks.
"Apparently, he only touched her arm. There could have been an exchange of bodily fluids somewhere." Smith ponders.
"This virus is more cunning than we think." Sophie concludes.
"The good thing is - with Stella being an asymptomatic carrier, we are sure of a stable health. Coupled with her strong immune system, the cure lies within the confines of her body." Smith says.
"Are you suggesting we rule out Professor Mark?" Sophie asks.
"No, his blood sample will definitely serve as a basis for our research."
"We need to take advantage of the fact that the virus has been successfully contained." Sophie suggests.
"It will be absolutely chaotic if it breaks out." Smith concludes.
(The door of the laboratory swiftly opens.)
"Marshall has given us a 2 weeks ultimatum to find a cure." Dr Lance announces.
"Whaaat?" Sophie shrieks.
___________________________
Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment or share.🙏