Chapter 1

"Morning ma" Her personal assistant Shahidah greeeted from the sitting room as she made her way to the stairs to collect her boss' bag and all she could do was give her a quick irritated nod.
"Has sabitu washed the car? " she asked . "Yes ma, the car has been washed and the driver is waiting for you".

"Let me have my breakfast and I will be ready in a few" She said as she made for the dinning room just adjacent to the kitchen.
"Tani, have you served my breakfast? I'm getting late, and make sure the toast is extra spicy please" she said as she sat on one of the chairs waiting for her family to come downstairs and join her for breakfast.

"why do I have to come down before all of them" She thought to herself, just then she heard voices coming from her parents room signifying that they are awake, in less than a few minutes later, her parents and the twins had joined her in the dinning room.
"Barka da safiya Abba, Barka da safiya mama" She crouched down to greet her parent in her local dialect (Hausa).

"Barka da safiya sweetheart" They answered in unison as mama served Abba and herself two toast each and poured a cup of coffee for Abba while she poured tea for herself.

"Goordd Moorning, Abba, mama, and Adda meerah" The twins greeted in unison munching on the toasts already.
"Bad table manners, Haneef and haneefa and is that the way to greet Abba and mama, greet properly" she quietly as always reprimanded them, while gripping the handle of her cup in order to have a sip of her tea.
"we are sorry" They said simply and continued with their breakfast but their silence didn't last long as they started fighting about who will sit in the front seat and who sat the last time.

"Adda meerah, wasn't it haneefa that sat in front the last time??" He enquired acting so innocently and he purposely asked her because he knew she wouldn't remember because even as her siblings, they get her to make only one or two sentences before she ask them to let her be, she is always in her room either reading a novel on wattpad or still reading a novel from her library containing mostly Sidney Sheldon's books. Then maybe when she's in a good mood, you might find her listening to music and humming to herself.

"Uhmm, I can't remember haneef, but none of you is sitting in the front seat today, you are 20 for Allah's sake and you guys still fight about who sits in the front seat and who would not, You are driving haneefa and yourself to school using my old car and that's final, no arguments" she said quietly with no emotions whatsoever written on her face.
"Haba Adda I don't want to go with him" haneefa stated sadly.

"Abba, mama I would have to go to the office first then I would go to school by 12:00 pm Insha Allah" she told her parents her plans for today as she does every other morning before she goes out.
"Yauwa, I heard you sacked two male staff yesterday, why? " He asked, looking directly at her and already knowing her answer
"Abba they weren't efficient at all and they always arrive late to work" She explained.
" I was sure that is what you will say, as you always say, I trust you ameerah na, but you know people would always gossip about the way you treat the male staff different from the female, ameerah you have to know that people don't always see your point, they see you as an arrogant girl who has a problem with every man in the office" He tried to explain to her

"Okay Abba, I will try to be just between them, but I'm late now we would talk more when I come back, love you both." She said standing and trying to make her way to the door.
"Allah ya Maki Albarka" Her parents said in unison, as she made her way to the front door.
"Aamin, Haneef nothing should happen to that car"She said and left.

Haneef gave a smug look to haneefa and said "Abba we are late, we should leave now too" and at that moment haneefa looked up from her plate and glared at Haneef. Everyone in the house wonders why Ameerah was the chubby one in the house when she doesn't even eat a quarter of what haneefa eats and it's still a misery that haneefa isn't fat.
"I'm not even done eating and we don't have lectures till 8:30 and its 5 minutes to 8 and it would take us only 20 minutes to be at the gate of Bayero university " she said glancing at her wrist watch.
" Toh time keeper, just get up and let's go because you can't be full even if I spare you ten minutes more" Haneef said smirking at her.
"Abba talk to Haneef" Haneefa whined.
"Baby na don't worry, drop by at your school cafeteria during lunch time and have that nice shawarma you always gist me about, for now you are running late" Abba said pulling her for a hug and pecking her forehead. While mama did same for Haneef and stuck out their tongues at them. Mama always wished ameerah could be this jovial and free with them. She is an introvert to the core and doesn't even come to the sitting room in the evenings to chit chat with them.

So First chapter down, hope you all enjoyed it.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Fee amanillah
Imaanii🌼