Chapter 6

The week passed in a blur, with ameerah doing her normal routine, i.e going to the office early in the morning and coming back after Asr prayers, and again she was warming up to haneefa. She was trying to bring her closer, haneefa was very glad.

On one of the nights the twins came to her room and asked her to watch a movie with them. They made popcorn and lemonade Popsicles and watched away happily even though ameerah didn't talk much during the movie.They were glad that she agreed to watch with them and it was a memorable night for the siblings.

**
It was a sunny afternoon. Ameerah packed up her suitcase ready for her flight in the next one hour. She made sure to pick everything she would need including some of her books like; Master of games, the other side of the midnight and bloodline, all from her favorite writer Sidney Sheldon.

She also took her laptop as she would still be working from Abuja, she had mails to send and a zoom meeting with an agency in Italy.

Though ameerah was staying with her granny for two weeks, she took only a box and her handbag. She hated travelling with plenty luggage. Glancing at her wristwatch, she saw that she had 50 minutes remaining so she locked her room and made her way to mama's room to bid her farewell

“Mama I have to go now. My flight is by 1pm and it's already 12:10” Ameerah said sitting on a sofa in her mother's big bedroom, A strong scent of humrah hit her nostrils. The room was painted white and had white furniture, including the console and the doors. The bed was round and had light blue bedsheet on, with a white duvet spread across.  The curtains were a mixture of white and blue as they were parted to the sides for sunlight to penetrate the room. She had a beautiful flush carpet spread on the floor just by her bed. Everything in the room looked so exquisite and astounding.

“ Journey mercies my dear” mama said as she looked up from a magazine she was reading.

“My regards to Inna, your uncle and your aunt. Please be good during your stay there. Whatever Inna tells you, do not disobey her for any reason, I know you like your privacy but please don't lock yourself up in a room. Be friendly with your cousins”Mama added

“Okay mama, take care of yourself ” Ameerah said.

“I would be driving to the airport with my car, but I'll take the twins. Haneef would bring the car back, I'm sure they are waiting for me downstairs.”Ameerah said again giving her mom a side hug, then she wheeled her suitcase out of the room.

“Take care too dear” Mama said.

**
“Adda(sister) meerah, tell Haneef to take me to havillah ice cream after we drop you” Haneefa said looking at ameerah with pleading eyes.

“Haneef, take our baby to havillah please” Ameerah said to Haneef not taking her eyes off the road

“Okay ma” He saluted and the girls laughed.

Their drive to the airport was smooth and filled with happy moments. Her siblings were happy with her sudden change, she talked more with them, laughed when they cracked jokes and even cracked a dry joke. Even though the joke was dry, they laughed because they saw the effort she was putting to be free around them.

“Haneef, take my car home in one piece please” Ameerah said giving haneefa a hug and telling her to take care of mama.

“Yes boss” Haneef bowed this time and earned himself a playful smack from their Adda(Sister).

Upon entering the crowd at the departure, Ameerah checked her watch and saw that she had 20 minutes before the time for boarding, she proceeded to get her tickets and everything ready.