Yay A Chapter That You Might Actually Enjoy Reading

You're sitting on the bed in Jolie's old room, trying to use your phone. It's somewhat unsuccessful and you remind yourself to ask Dex to help it catch WiFi signals like he did with Sophie's iPod.

You turn to stare out the window at the afternoon sun. Grady and Edaline offered to let you stay the night here after Sophie begged you and you finally caved. You try not to think of how your parents will react when you get home.

A knock on the door startles you out of your thoughts.

"Sophie?" you call, but instead of the moonlark, a face you were hoping not to see pops in through the door.

"Hey Princess!"

You groan inwardly. "Don't call me that," you say, rolling your eyes.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're irritated," Keefe says with a grin, coming all the way into the room, closing the door, and sitting down beside you. 

Remembering what happened last time you were in this very situation, you playfully push him away from you. "Who invited you in here?"

"I did." He resists your pushing. "Why are you doing that?" he laughs.

"Because I value my personal space more than I value your feelings."

He rests the back of his hand against his forehead in a dramatic manner as he says, "How could you say something so cruel?!" You roll your eyes again, but this time with a smile on your face.

"Alright, what are you here for?" you ask, getting to the point.

He shrugs. "Just to see you."

You give him yet another  eye roll. "No really, Keefe."

"I'm serious," he says, looking you in the eyes. "I'd rather spend time with you than with my dad, and don't tell her I said this, but Ro too."

"How's everything going with your dad?" you ask, concerned.

A smile spreads across his face again. "Are you worried about me, Princess?" He traces his finger down the crease between your brows. "As cute as that is, you don't have to be, it's all going fine. Or, as fine as it can be, considering what my dad is like."

He pauses for a second before saying, "You know, it's weird that you've never met my dad in person, but you still know him and hate him."

"I'm sorry, Keefe." He turns and looks at you in surprise. "I'm sorry that you had to grow up with... you know... those parents," you say, unsure how to finish the sentence.

He smiles again and you swear you can see a faint dusting of pink on his cheeks. "You are too adorable. It's okay though, I've surrounded myself with good friends and alternate parents. Like Alden and Della. And Edaline and Gr-" he stops. "Okay, I would love to have Edaline as a mother, but Grady..." he whistles. "Scary."

You laugh. "That's only cause you flirt with Sophie, and he's a bit protective."

"A bit?"

"Well, no."

He sighs. "Nah, I don't like Sophie anymore. She's still a great person, but I think she'll be happier with someone else." A/N: Well, as a Sokeefe shipper, that was rather painful to write.

"Why?"

"Oh. Well, I met you." When he turns to look at you, you can see in his eyes that he's dead serious, and it makes your stomach flip over. 

Not that Keefe gets to know that.

He raises an eyebrow at you. "Well Princess, I must say that was quite a mood shift you had there." Right. Empaths.