Risking It

Ben's POV

During the last week of March over Rey and Gwen's spring break, we planned another one of our yearly couple trips with Gwen and Hux down to Mexico. Gwen had set up the entire trip using her family's air perks, saying she wanted a second honeymoon, but this time with friends, plus apparently she insisted getting away before the wedding would be good for us. We frankly didn't care what the excuse was, we were just happy to hide from reality for a while. As is the Phasma family's style, she reserved a private villa on the water with two bedrooms for both couples and private bathrooms at a high-end all-inclusive resort.

Rey leans against me, asleep on the plane as I work on editing photos on my laptop which sits on the tray in front of me. She has since gotten over the fact that Voi works with me and doesn't even bat an eye when she sees me editing photos of her or any model for that fact anymore.

The flight attendant comes around collecting trash and I wake Rey next to me. She sits up, wiping the sleep from her eyes, and gives me a quick peck. "We're about to land," I whisper and she nods silently as she puts her legs back down on the floor.

I look across the aisle and see Hux staring straight ahead, gripping the arm of his seat tightly, and Gwen next to him excitedly chanting "Mexico, Mexico, Mexico" in a hushed voice over and over at me. Oh, Gwenny, you're a nut.

Rey has never been out of the country so we lead her through customs and all of the required steps we have to go through in the airport and finally get to our bags. The resort our villa is at has a shuttle waiting for us and a few other families pile in after we climb in.

When we reach our reserved Villa, Gwen jumps excitedly which shakes the floor a little as Hux works to unlock the front door. The main room is small and quaint with a full kitchen, living room, and dining table with 4 chairs. The far wall is all windows looking out to the sea, the blue water stretches for miles and Rey walks towards it with her mouth open. There is a door on that leads out to a patio that houses a modest-sized infinity pool that just seems to continue forever out into the ocean.

"Let's take some time to freshen up and then dinner at 7?" Gwen says as she pulls Hux behind her to the room to the left. I glance at my phone which reads 4:30 pm so we have some time to relax.

"Rey." I bring her attention back from looking out the window at the ocean. She has never seen a body of water bigger than a lake so she is completely captivated by it at the moment. "Let's check out the room." She smiles and follows with a light skip to her walk.

As we open the door, both of our mouths fall open. The room has a large king-sized canopy bed with plush white pillows and blankets, the foot of the bed facing out towards the ocean. The wood wall on the side of the villa ends about where the bed does and windows continue the rest of the way along the wall to the corner where it joins with the next wall of windows. In the corner by the living room is a whirlpool and there are two armchairs opposite it in the other corner. The door to the bathroom sits on the far end of the wall the bed is up against and I peek in to see just how large that also is with the double sinks and huge shower with multiple showerheads.

"Wow, Gwen did amazing," Rey says as she flops on the bed with a giggle, the pillows, and blankets engulfing her.

"She really did." I agree as I get out of the luggage racks and set our bags on them. I smile as I walk to her, looking at how cute she looks bundled up in the fluffy duvet. "You know, we have over two hours," I whisper as I crawl over her and she giggles, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"What's your point?" She teases as I kiss her neck and start unzipping her sweatshirt she is still wearing from the plane.

"I think you know what my point is." I press my lips into hers and she wraps her legs up and around me.