Cancer. ReaderxTeam

Laughter filled the bullpen as the team returned from a case late at night. You all headed to your respective desk to gather your stuff and leave. You however sat at your desk and started on some research. You were recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer and haven't told a soul except your girlfriend. She's been super supportive of this whole thing. You wanted to stay late tonight in hopes of researching what treatment options you had in privacy. "Hey, Y/n, are you not going home?" Prentiss asked as she left her desk beside yours, "No I have some work I need to catch up on. I'll make sure I leave by 2 mom." She gave you a 'you better get some sleep' look before patting your back, "Okay. Call me if you need anything." Hotch repeated basically the same conversation when he left an hour later. You decided to have your ovaries removed asap. Hoping that way the cancer would stop spreading and you had a chance of surviving. You checked your watch, '1:35 am'. A loud yawn escaped your mouth and you gathered your items and left the office, forgetting to put away the stack of research papers you were reading and highlighting.

The smell of coffee and envelope glue filled your nose as you walked into the building, "Y/n! Wait!" You giggled at the sight of Spencer booking it towards you. "Good morning Reid." He smiled at you but it faded fast, "Can I ask you something?" Your breath hitched, there's no way he knew. "What's up?" You pushed the elevator button. "Are you okay? You've been in pain physically and trying to hide it, but it's getting more obvious. You can trust us, with anything." Tears were brimming your eyes and you fought them, you couldn't distract them. You would not bother them with this. The elevator dinged signifying you were at your floor, shoving your emotions down you told him "Reid, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." You smiled at him and patted his arm before turning and seeing Emily holding one of your papers, tears pouring down her face. Your heart dropped to your stomach. "No. Shit." You threw open the doors and ripped it out of her hand. She was frozen. "Emily you can't read things on my desk." She cleared her throat and started to speak, you looked at your toes and crossed your arms. "Why didn't you tell us? Me? Your best friend? Cancer Y/n?" Your throat went dry hearing it from her mouth and the gasps of your team that followed. "I didn't want to worry you guys, and you need to focus here. I'm getting treated for it, I'm handling it. I didn't want to bother you with my problems." Your voice came out low and defeated. Emily wrapped her arms around you pulling you close. "Y/n, cancer is not something you can bother someone with. It's a big deal, and you know we love like our little sister." You just cried into her shoulder as your team joined in for a group hug. All of you crying.

The day of your surgery was tomorrow and your nerves were incredibly high. You always wanted kids of your own and now you never would or could. The team insisted on having a team dinner at Rossi's the night before so here you were, hand in hand with your girlfriend, outside his door. Your girlfriend saw your hands shaking and stopped you before you knocked. "Hey, listen to me. They are going to love you through this, and so am I." You gave her a sad smile and kissed her gently. "Thank you." You knocked on the door and Penelope shushed everyone, "We are going to be happy, we are going to smile, because tomorrow is going to be full of sadness for her. Got it?" She scolded her team before making her way to the door. "Y/n! Come in!" She hugged you briefly before hugging Taylor. The night was full of good food, laughter and love. You could cry at the sight. The team would always love and support you, you were home.