C H A P T E R 24

Harvey's POV,

What?

Why can't he remember me? I'm not easily forgotten.

"Yes because you irritate people wherever you go" a voice in my head answered the question. I don't have time to argue with myself.

"Dean, It's me Harvey" I walked closer to him and tapped my chest.

"I'm not sure that I can remember you" He scratched his head.

Oh dear! This is not good.

"But you have to remember of something" I pulled out my phone and dialled Gina's number.

"Hello Gina, Dean just woke up"

"Really? I'll be right there"

"Just one thing he....."

"Harvey" Dean called my name and looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"I'm lying, Do you think you're that forgettable Missy?"

"Hello Harvey? Are you still there?" Gina voice came from the other side and I realized that she was still on the phone.

"Oh it's nothing" I ended the call.

"So are you okay about your mom not returning?"

"My mom? How can she return? Didn't she pass away?"

Huh? What?

"What did you just say?" I used my fingers to clean my ear.

"My mom's not here anymore so how would she possibly come back?"

Could it be that the accident made him remember a few things?

"Dean, how old are you?"

"What do you mean? Aren't I sixteen or did I suddenly change?"

Phenomenal, I can't believe that such things like miracles actually exist but all of this is still so confusing to me.

Gina came along and was really happy to see Dean. The doctors discharged Dean a few days later. I parked the car outside while Dean went inside first.

"I'm so relieved Harvey, he seems normal"

"I know, I'm starting to believe in magic"

Dean's POV,

I was heading upstairs when I stopped    at the dinning table. I closed my eyes and saw this table filled with food and a very happy me. I saw myself asking for when my mom would return.

But why? Why did I suddenly think that my mom who passed away months ago would come back home? I feel like there's a hole in my mind.

It went like that for days, I keep seeing things that I don't quite remember. I feel like I did them but I can't remember them.

Harvey, I can't really connect the dots with her. I kind of remember meeting her at a party and her moving here but why? Why did she move here?

Surely, it can't be babysitting because I'm old enough to take care of myself. She can't be a helper because she's like family.

I'm so confused right now and I don't know what to do. Should I ask Harvey? I bet she can fix this. Wait why will she be able to fix this? What's wrong with me? Am I crazy or something?

I don't understand what's going on in my life anymore. Why did I suddenly stop going to school? Why did I suddenly stop communicating with my friends?

It was just another day and I had so many unanswered questions. I didn't really feel like eating so I had some jelly jams.

I was up in my room reading a book to clear my mind when I saw Harvey playing basketball all by herself. I smiled at this strange woman in my life.

Why don't I join her? I mean, it'll get my mind off everything. I could also manage to learn sometimes. I went downstairs to the court and watched her as she played.

She was wearing a blue top and very tiny white shorts. She was trying at basketball, at least it looked like she was playing.

She was so engrossed in her movie that she didn't notice me standing behind her. She looked so peaceful and cute that I totally forgot everything for while.

Her pretty face was driving me insane. She finally turned around and saw me looking her. Her cheeks flushed as she turned around.

"What are you doing here ?" She tried to sound angry but she was so cute.

"I came to show what real basketball is like"

"So what do you call mine?"

"You dancing with a ball"

"Are you serious?" She gave me a death glare."If you're so great, then show me" She threw the ball at me.

I dropped the ball and took of my shirt. She turned around and tried to hide her flushed cheeks. I smiled at Harvey's innocence.

"Wha....what are you doing?" She stammered with her back still turned around.

"I'm not going to play ball in my shirt, it's really hot today. Say Harvey, why don't you also take yours off" I smiled wickedly.

"I'm good" She turned around and a saw her swallow a lump in her throat. Harvey came in front of me to shake hands with me before we start. I realized that Harvey was really short.

"What's your height?" I asked her.

"I get it Dean, not everyone can be a 6"4" like you"

"What? No I didn't mean it like that"

"I'm a 5"7" by the way" She threw the ball at my face.

"Oh no you didn't, not the face" I chased after her. She ran as fast as she could but I was too fast. She surrendered and apologized. I smiled at her and we resumed our game.

She wasn't exactly terrible at basketball but she was no match for me.

I like hanging out with Harvey.

***

Thank you for that chapter.

I love you guys so much for your never ending love and support. I love you a lot.

Don't forget to follow me here on Wattpad.

Don't forget to vote for this story and also add it to your reading lists if you feel like.

Playlist

Swervin by a boogie with da hoodie

Legends by Juice Wrld

Yes by Cardi B

Con Altura by Rosalia and J balvin

Hips don't lie by Shakira.

I'll see you all next time.

Chaow!!