Chapter Six

Hiya! How we all doing today?! Here it is, my lovely readers!

Chapter Six: In Ares palace on Olympus.

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

I lay on the couch face up, with Athena's face hovering above mine. I can't move at all, I can't speak, and I can't hear. I can only see and think. It took Apollo forever to find what he was looking for and then it took him even longer to twist it back into place. Now I'm defenseless. I don't know about touch per se. I know I'm touching my hand to my stomach because of the pressure, but I can't feel the fabric of my shirt. It's disorienting to have so many of my senses taken away all at once. All I know is that Mars beat the crap out of Apollo and is now doing it again as Ares.

I'm pretty sure Apollo is about to fade, but I could be wrong. All I got to answer my question is the following of Ares fist into Apollo's face with my eyes. And I can't even move my head to the side to be sure. I watch as everything flickers with shadows from the dying light of the fire.

When Apollo made my life come flooding back into my brain, I remembered everything that has ever happened to me. Anything that my eyes have ever witnessed is swimming through my brain. Poseidon did visit me as an infant. I watch as my mom bakes all kinds of things in the kitchen. I see Montauk grow more polluted after each visit Sally took me on. I see all the monsters who managed to find me as a child before I got dragged into this life. I watch as I grow up in several different schools. And finally I see my demigod life all over again. As if I needed that.

Athena's hand raises to my face, but I don't know if it's her skin I feel or mine. I don't even know where my other arm is. I'd have to ask, but I can't, because Apollo screwed up my senses. I feel things snap into place again inside of me. That would be my soul. That's what it was earlier. And it hurts, like Hades, but I can't react. I just lay here suffering, unable to show anything.

Several snaps come in sequence and Apollo's head turns to me. Ares's fist is in mid-punch when he follows Apollo's gaze. Apollo comes over to me and his face heals again. I just look at him. He crouches down beside my head and looks at me apologetically. I shift my stare to the ceiling and he is frowning at me when I look back.

His mouth moves, but I can't decipher the words. I close my eyes and open them, he doesn't disappear. Crap, I was hoping he would. Should I open my mind to him? Does he know I'm deaf at the moment? I let him see into my head and once he nod, I close it off and shut my eyes from the sun god's view.

I focus on my soul and I am able to see it as a blurry, bluish looking thing. As I concentrate, I see it is blue, with green and red mixed in. I also see where there are some pieces and gaping hole and when I feel the snap, it comes from one of the gaping holes being filled back in. I lose sight of it from the sudden snap and my eyes fly open.

Apollo's hand is on my forehead and light is coming from his palm. After a few minutes, cold rushes into my body and I shiver. My hearing gets a little better, but I can't make out what people are saying. I try to speak, but I can't even make out my own words.

"I can't...hear you." i know they heard me when Athena whips out a pen and a piece of paper. She scribbles down something and shoves it in my face. Oh, she wants to know how I feel. "Co...ld." I try. She walks out of the room and comes back with blankets. She drapes them over top of me. She writes something else down and lets me read it. 'Better?' "I don...t know." I tell her.

'Can you move?' I lift my hand slowly in answer and take the pen shakily from her.

'Barely.' I write back.