Dad, Papa, and Son Date

Christian Pulisic is the captain of the US soccer team, he's 21 and he's freaking amazing! Picture of him up top.

Caleb POV

"Wake up sleepyhead, we're having a guys day with your papa." Dad said and I groaned, my leg hurts and I don't know why.

"Where are we going?" I looked at him from my bed.

"Maybe bowling, playing soccer in the park, not really sure, we'll talk about it with him and see what's going on." He said.

"You don't like him being here do you, dad? I mean back in my life. I see the way you look at him and I can feel the tension. You tense up anytime he's around."

I was really excited to have my papa but if I have to choose between them, I don't know what I'd do.

"It's just really hard for me Caleb, it was you and me against the world and now that he's back I'm afraid things are going to change. It's probably selfish of me to want to keep you away from him but your safety is my main priority. He's been out of your life for ten years, we don't know what he's been up to in those ten years. He claims to have been in a coma for six of those ten but I don't know him and neither do you. We have to be careful." He sighed.

"You have nothing to worry about, I wouldn't leave you like that, but he is my birth father, I want to know him. There are so many kids who never get that chance or get the chance and something happens. Can you please try to get along with him? Please? You're the only one who's having such a hard time with this." I pleaded.

"I'll try, for you. I love you kiddo." I sighed and looked at him.

"I'm sorry I was harsh, I understand your fear and need to protect me after everything we've been through and I'm grateful for all you've done for me. I just want to get to know him and you being the only dad I've known it would be great if you guys could get along. I know you want to and not just for my sake, I see it in your eyes you want to figure him out why everyone is so quick to trust him. Just have an open mind." I smiled and hugged him.

"Stop growing up, would you?" He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Not a chance, old man." I giggled and squeaked when he swatted my butt and ran to the bathroom to take a shower.

After my shower, I got ready and met dad downstairs.

"What did uncle Reece mean when he told papa 'he's not leaving and that's final'"

"You know how protective my family is especially in the line of work we do and knowing his best friend had a kid that was in the situation you were in, it hurt him so he wanted to make sure Alistair didn't make excuses to leave and in doing so Reece offered him a job with the organization, if he took it well that's a different story. If he's anything like what Reece told me, your papa is a prideful man and hates having things handed out to him. He likes working for it so you can tell him you want him to take it if you want." Dad shrugged.

He just described himself, that's so weird...

"Are you sure my papa and you didn't know each other at one point or even related?" I looked at him.

"We have similar values and similarities in what motivates us, I'll admit that but it'll take more than that to trust him." I sighed but nodded.

Papa really chose a hotel away from everything and with traffic, it took forty-five minutes to get to the motel.

"This is where he's staying?!" Dad asked horrified at how rundown the motel looked.

"He really is low on cash." Dad looked sad and sighed.