News and Recovery

Reece POV

"Are you feeling ok Liam?" I looked at him and he was staring out of the passenger window really deep in thought. 

"I'm nervous." I grabbed his hand. He's been preoccupied, distracted even because today we find out what can be done about his tracker. 

"Why are you so nervous? You should be excited. You get to find out about the tracker." 

He looked at me and sighed. "I'm nervous because Felix and Clayton are planning a rescue mission and they have no idea what Nikolai is capable of. I was locked in a cage more times than I was allowed a bed… I couldn't help them." 

"Liam, all you need to do is worry about this appointment and being free. They are highly trained professionals, they can do this." I smiled and he nodded. 

"Ok, I trust you." He smiled slightly. 

Traffic was light today so we made it to Jaylen's clinic rather quickly. 

"Ok, bro let's do this." I said closing my door and waited for him to get out and join me. 

He seemed hesitant but he got out and we walked inside. 

"Ah, Liam and Reece. How are you doing today?" Jaylen said looking up from a computer at triage.

"We're fine and yourself?" He looked at Liam and back at me and he seemed unconvinced. 

"I'm great, thanks." 

We walked into his office and he had Liam's file on his desk. "If you guys would have a seat."

We sat in the seats in front of his desk. 

"Ok, so some of the blood work came back normal so no blood pressure issues or diabetes, potassium is normal but I did notice there was a slight elevation in your white cell blood count, that could be because of the bump inside so once we get that tested and removed, we will test your blood again a few days after to see if it's back to normal. I'm not too worried at the moment so you shouldn't be either Liam. I studied the x-rays and the tracker it's at the base of your skull and extends to your neck which means I will have to actually have you go to the hospital and do the surgery there, it isn't something I can do in the office. While you are under anesthesia I can also do the biopsy to get that out of the way. I set up the appointment for later this afternoon, the sooner we get that out of your neck the better. Does that sound like a plan, Liam?" Jaylen asked and Liam nodded and smiled.

"Yes, get that thing out of me." He said and Jaylen chuckled.

"Alright kiddo, you head over to the hospital now, they have instructions on what to do. Since I'm sure you ate since last night you will need to drink something that doesn't taste great to get rid of the acid in your stomach, and they will take some blood and get you set up. By the time the medicine for the acid works itself into your system and all they need to do is done, I'll be there. I have another patient to see and then I'll head over myself." Jaylen said and Liam stood up and shook his hand and I did the same.

"Thanks, Dr. O'Brian I will see you soon." Liam said and walked out of the room.

"He seems to be a little better than our first visit." 

"Definitely, I have no idea where that confidence came from but I'm happy. He didn't even put up a fight to get dressed and come here today. He even is going to take shooting lessons with Clayton and wants to take self-defense classes." I said and Jaylen smiled. They look so much like Danny it's unreal.

"That is amazing Reece, we will talk more later. See you in a bit." He said and we walked out of the room, him going to his next patient and I went to find my brother who was talking to a young boy around twelve.