Gwens POV Chapter 5

GWEN'S POV Chapter 5
What was I thinking! I just invited him over for dinner on Thursday! Okay, I admit he was good looking with his big brown doe eyes and brown messed up hair. Why hadn't I noticed him before? Gwen stop it! I think to myself. I walk out of the school to my car and drive over to Oscorp for work. Crap! I think to myself. Intern day! Oh gosh!

I arrive at Oscorp with my white lab coat, high boots, and my hair in a ponytail. I think I look presentable. Wow, the group of interns is pretty big this year! I remember when I applied as an intern last year. So exciting. Dr. Connors walks in and starts the introduction. He asks the group a question. One guy guesses stem cells, and was incorrect. Then, from the back of the group someone says "cross species genetics." Wow, he got it right. The group parts, and I can't believe my eyes. It's Peter. "Person gets Parkinson's when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear. The zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command. If you could somehow give this ability to the person your talking about thats that...she's curing herself." Wow. I glance down on my intern sheet but do not see his name. Just great. The guy being carried out earlier actually was an intern. Oh gosh. "And you are?" Dr. Connors asks. He hesitates. "He's one of midtowns best and brightest. He's second in his class." I blurt. Why did I say that? I just defended him! Oh no I think I may be crushing! No no no! "You sure about that?" "I'm pretty sure." I say. I finish showing the group the tree of life when I notice him start to slip away. I approach him. "Hey there, Rodrigo." I say noticing the name badge on his jacket. "What? Oh uh, hi." He says. That's adorable I think. "Are you following me?" I ask hoping the answer is yes. Yep, I definitely like him now. "No..no I'm not following you I'm not following you!" He says laughing shyly. "Then why would you be here?" "I love science." "You love science?" "I'm passionate about it." "You snuck in because you...I've got to lead this tour group. Stay with the group. Do not get me in trouble!" I say. We'll have to finish the conversation later. And trust me, we will. Next I take them to see the bioreactor room.