Peters POV Chapter 16

PETER'S POV Chapter 16
I feel awful. I made a promise to Gwen's father to stay away, and now I'm going to her apartment to visit. But, Gwen does have a point. I love her so much, and she loves me. He doesn't get to decide. We swing around the block and walk up the steps and into the lobby of her apartment. We take the elevator up and knock. The door opens and Mrs. Stacy greets us and invites me in. I walk in and hang up my coat. Then I sit on the sofa with Gwen while her mom gets us water and sits in an armchair opposite us. "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Stacy. I loved George, I thought he was cool and I even admired him. I'm really sorry." I say. I get up and hug her. "Thank you Peter. He loved you too and I'm so glad you're here for Gwen." "Your welcome. I'm here for you too Mrs. Stacy." I say as I sit back down on the sofa with Gwen. We swap memories of George for a while and then Gwen announces that she is going to bed. I wish them goodnight, and walk outside. I crawl up the side of the building just a few feet away from Gwen's window, just out of sight. My phone vibrates and I get a text. I look down at the picture of me and Gwen. *Peter?* *yeah?* I text back. *where are you?* *um...why?* *Im feeling lonely. Will you stay with me for a while please?* *yes, of course, only if you can point out the big dipper* i text knowing she'll have to come and open the window to do so. *okay....* a few seconds later I see her beautiful face looking through the window, though she doesn't see me yet. *look to your left* I see her glance down at her phone. She looks over and sees me, clinging to the wall. She breaks out into a smile and pulls the window open. I climb in and she closes the window. "What were you doing there?" "Um, stargazing." "Yeah, uh huh. What were you really doing there?" "I felt lonely too, and I love your company. I thought you were going to bed so I didn't want to get to close." She sits on the bed and pats the spot next to her. I sit down beside her. "What if your mom finds me here?" "Oh she wont. And we'll hide you." I laugh. "Okay..." She lays down and pats the sheets beside her. "Will you just hold me for a while? I've been having nightmares and with dad gone..." She starts to say, tears falling out of her eyes. I cross to the other side of the bed, lift the sheets, and slide in. I put one arm under her neck and rest her shoulders against my chest. The other arm I wrap around and rest on her stomach. "I'm sorry Gwen. It should've been me." "No! No, Peter!" She replies, shocked. She turns and continues to speak. "It shouldn't have been either of you. Please don't say that. I'm sorry he died but please don't blame yourself it isn't your fault." "Okay, okay. I wont blame anyone but death itself." "Peter?" "Yeah?" "I didn't get to say goodbye." She says, starting to sob. "Sometimes you don't get to. You never know when the last time will be." "I know. I know." She whispers. I squeeze her tight to me, and nuzzle my head into her neck. She shifts so that she is facing me and lying on her stomach on top of me. She hugs my middle and rests her head on my chest and cries. I wrap my arms around her and we stay like that for a while. Eventually she falls asleep and I kiss her forehead ever so gently. She lifts her head sleepily and attempts to kiss me on the lips, but fails. I kiss her nose and she falls asleep again. Before I know it, I'm asleep as well.