Chapter 21

She changes her mind and asks to go to my apartment but I decide against it not wanting Lucy to alert the authorities that her friend's been kidnapped because she seems like the type.

I text Marc at a red light that I left.

"Hey!" Sunny grabs my phone from me, "That's very irresponsible Mr Woo."

"I forgot you're a teacher." I say and laugh at her offended frown.

"That is not a teacher thing, it's a responsible thing."

"A lesson on responsibility from the girl with the fake I.D" I scoff.

She doesn't say anything, smiling sheepishly.

"I only got it this year." She explains holding her hand out the window, "Lucy said my boobs wouldn't work off campus."

The second the words leave her mouth her whole body retracts and she looks at the floor with her eyes wide in shock.

"Your friend's a liar." I say, deciding not to tease since she's clearly already embarrassed.

She looks up at me shyly. It's such a contrast how innocent she is in that sinfully erotic dress. I have to pull my eyes away from her exposed thighs to avoid crashing my car.

"You said we'd get ice-cream next time." She speaks up softly.

I chuckle and lift my brow up at the redhead beside me, "Really? You're drunk but you remember that?"

"I remember everything." She shrugs, playing with the zipper on my jacket.

I don't think she means to but the pouty look on her face and the skin she's exposing in my jacket makes me grip the wheel for some semblance of control.

I shake my head trying to rid my mind of the image that pops up of her on her knees in front me and her mouth stuffed with my...

I grip the wheel tighter.

"Fine we'll get ice-cream." I huff taking a left.

She screeches in excitement beside me but I don't turn to look. I'll have to be face forward for the remainder of this drive.

"Thank you Harold." Sunny smiles at the teenage boy handing her the cone through the window.

I can see the little fuck trying to cook up a conversation so I put my put my foot on the gas.

"You should've gotten one yourself." She says and I shrug not turning to look at her.

"This is a real nice jacket." She comments, "Leather is made from cows though. Are you aware that cows can swim?" She continues without a response.

I'm used to her rambling when she's nervous so it's no different than when she's drunk.

"Cows also don't enjoy being alone and actually can be in friendships with other cows for years much like us. Isn't that incredible?" Her laughter fills the car.

I'm grateful once again that my inability to deny Sunniva has put me here in this moment.

"We're here." She sighs as I drive into the apartment lot.

"Don't make a mess on my seats." I warn her, getting out of the car.

I wait before I open her door and watch her struggle through the window.

"Leo!" She groans, trying to open the door with her heels in hand.

I chuckle, finally opening her door and watch in slow-motion as her ice-cream cone falls to the floor. I guess God took pity on me.