Chapter 27

Marc curses at me when he grips the bag. It flies out of his hands again when I plant another blow to it.

"Fuck's sakes, Leo." He growls and I block the bag he shoves my way, "What's with you?"

"You're the trainer aren't you supposed to be able to handle holding up a fucking bag." I scoff.

"Man, shut the fuck up." He smacks his lips and walks over to the bench, "What you need to do is get laid because clearly you're bringing all that pent up frustration in here."

I ignore him as I rip the tape from my knuckles.

Eddie's silence as he walks into our section gets the attention of both Marc and I and we glance at each other suspiciously.

"You talk to Luther?" Eddie questions.

"Not yet."

"Why?" Marc asks.

"Because I think I saw the guy that might've stopped by at the shop." He explains and looks at me intently, "Sunny was there too but the kid was scared shitless when he saw her I'm guessing he thought she was Knives." His words makes my blood run cold.

"Wh-"

"Nothing happened. The asshole drove over a red light and Sunny bumped into his bike but it was barely anything and he was pissed but Derek was with her before I got there."

Sunny got into a crash? What the fuck was she doing this side of town? Who the fuck is Derek?

"Did you see which way he went?" Marc asks.

Eddie shakes his head, "He just took off and I doubt he'll be back. He was fucking shaking when he saw Sunny."

I hardly get hold of all my things before I take off. Marc and Eddie's voices are heard through the gym until I close the door. I'm guessing they know where I'm headed if neither one of them followed behind.

My foot won't keep fucking still as I wait for the light to turn green.

Fuck, she probably doesn't even want to see me after this morning but I couldn't give a shit. I need to see that she's okay for myself despite Eddie's confirmation.

I'm speeding but it gets me to her apartment in under five minutes. I don't even bother with the constantly slow elevator and take the stairs instead. I barely feel the strain on my muscles, running on adrenaline alone.

As per fucking usual their door's unlocked and it adds an element of irritation to my already panicked state.

Her friend exits from the kitchen and looks at me in alarm.

"No. No. No." she moves to stand in my way but I dart around her and walk towards Sunniva's room, "You are not allowed here, asshole. She's had a stressful day." She gripes following behind me.

I open her bedroom door to find her sitting on her bed typing away on her phone.

"Leo?" She looks up at me in shock and gets up from her bed.

I'm at her side in a second and my eyes scan her meticulously.

My hands cradle her face between them, "Are you okay?" The panic in my voice sounds foreign to me.

"I tried to get him to leave." Lucy speaks up.

Sunny removes my hand from her face and holds it at her side, "It's okay Luce, I'm okay." She assures her friend.

I don't look away from Sunny, I can't and I hear Lucy's retreating steps and the door shut behind me.

"Leo, what's going on? Are you ok-"