Chapter 21

"비바람 몰아치면 해가 뜨겠지. 이 안개도 걷히면 밝아지겠지."
"[If the wind blows, the sun will rise. If this fog clears, it will become brighter]."

약속 [Promise].

-Aurora (오로라)

2017. 07. 11.

Another day I have spent with him and another memory I have shared. Who would have known it's been a year already?

Walking back home with my hand clinging on his arm. I'm grateful that I have come long on this journey with him. From the moment we met, until my feelings for him grow, the time that I have realized I love him. I'm glad it all happened or this moment won't come.

Walking back home with my hand clinging on his arm, I heard him mumbled under his breath and started reaching for his pocket, "하마터면 잊을 뻔했다 [I almost forgot]."

"저건 뭐야? [What's that?]" I asked when I saw him pulling out a box in his pocket.

"열어봐 (Yeoreobwa)," he said, telling me to open it as he handed me the small black velvet box.

When I opened it, there was a bracelet inside. The pendant is aurora borealis and stars across the sky. It's beautiful. Purple, blue, and green northern lights are the colors of the aurora. Those are my favorite colors.

"예쁘다 (Yeppeuda)," I said, voicing my thoughts that it's beautiful.

He got a hold of the bracelet, helping me to put it on my hand. I admired the bracelet and looked up at the guy who gave me the precious bracelet.

"고마워 (Gomawo)," thanking him, opening my arms to hug him, tucking my head on his chest in the action. "고마워 성화씨 (Gomawo Seonghwa-ssi)," I repeated as I felt his arms hugging me back, giving me a sense of comfort.

"오로라야 (Aurora-ya)."

"음? [Hmm?]" I said, glancing at him. Our faces were close to one another.

"너의 두 눈에, 나의 두 눈에, 평생 기억해 우리 두 눈에, 가장 빛나는 어둠이 되려 해 [In my eyes, in your eyes, remember forever in our eyes, you're going to be the darkness which is most shining]," he said, looking down to meet my eyes while I was still wrapped around his warmth.

I flashed my smile at him. Not knowing what to respond at his words, I hugged him tighter.

"저물어가는 해를 볼 때마다 매일 밤 두려웠어 [Whenever I see the sunset, I was afraid every night]," he admitted.

 I focused my attention on him, "그랬어? [You were?]"

He looked down to meet my eyes again and a smile broke off his face nodding at me before opening his mouth.

"더 이상 두렵지 않아 이젠, 어둠 속엔 네가 있기에... 넌 어둠 속에서 나와 함께 있어 [I'm not afraid anymore, because you're in the darkness... You're with me in the dark]."

"약속해줘 넌 항상 나와 함께 있을 거야 [Promise me you'll always be with me]," I could feel the intensity his eyes held while saying that to me.

"넌 항상 날 가질거야. 약속할게 [You'll always have me. I promise you]," sticking out my pinky finger at him.

"약속 [Promise]," he responded as he sealed our promise.

Earlier, before we went out to have dinner. I went to their house half an hour before the sunset, after getting ready, changed my uniform to a dress and a black jean jacket, and after we hang out for a while with San when class ended. Everything went back to normal now, after being busy with school works for weeks. We can finally have time to spend with the three of us, doing whatever we want to have fun.

"너는 아름다워 보인다 [You look beautiful]," he complimented me the moment I arrived in the Park's house.

"너도 아름다워 보여 (Neodo areumdawo boyeo)," I complimented him back.

"사랑해 (Saranghae)," he said tucking the front pieces of my hair behind my ear.

 I looked at those deep brown eyes, letting my self get lost in, "사랑해 (Saranghae)."

The voice of her older sister suddenly asked, "나는 어쩌고? [What about me?]"

"승민 언니 더 사랑해요 (Seungmin unnie deo saranghaeyo)," I laughed, telling I love her more.

"나보다 더? [More than me?]" he asked, looking directly in my eyes, raising his eyebrows at me.

"그것에 대해 생각해 보겠다 [I'll think about it]," I said, knowing he wasn't expecting that kind of answer coming from me.

"오늘만 나라고 할래? [Will you say it's me today only?]" his eyes were hoping, looking forward to my reply.

"그것에 대해 생각해 보겠다 [I'll think about it]," I sent a smile on his way, repeating what I told him.

His smile disappeared and his emotion became serious. He hates it when I tease him. He looked like he already gave up on making me say I love him more.

Placing both of my hands on his cheeks, I finally said what he wanted to hear and what I need to let him know, "너뿐이야. 오늘뿐만 아니라 언제나 [It's only you. Not just today but always]." Seeing his lips curve by my words, I also felt mine did the same.

Staring in my eyes, he asked, "언제나? [Always?]"

"언제나 (Eonjena)," I repeated, with our eyes still meeting each other. His smile grew bigger and he pulled me in placing a kiss on my forehead.

What did I do to deserve this guy so much?