Part 2

Kokichi POV

I slowly open my eyes,
"Wha..?"
I looked at my surroundings, I'm in a hospital of some sort.
"What happened-"
It hit me. Standing on the roof. The phone call. Shuichi with Kaito. The view. Sanding on the other said of the railing holding on. And letting go. After remembering what happened, the door opened.
"Oh k-kokichi y-you're up!" A frail nurse said.
"Where are we? And- who are you?" Decided to ask the obvious questions.
"Y-you're in the hope regained hospital, a-and I'm mikan. D-do you remember you are, o-or how you got here?" So I am in a hospital.
"Yeah, I'm Kokichi Ouma, and I got here from... falling off a building roof." I lied about falling, i most certainly jumped off, but she didn't need to know that.
"Y-Yeah, d-does anything hurt?" She asked walking towards me with a clipboard, writing something down.
"No, actually I don't feel anything." That was the truth, I was completely numb.
"T-the pain k-killers must still be w-working." Before she almost made it over to me, she tripped over her foot and fell. "A-Ack- s-sorry!"
"Oh um, it's alright." Not sure what to say exactly. "How long do I have to stay here?"
"W-well depends on how you f-feel. B-but I'm not s-sure since you still c-can't feel anything. N-now, d-did you jump off that building, g-got pushed off or?"
I thought about the question before deciding to lie. She seems like she doesn't know what really happened, so let's keep it that way.
"I fell off, I was sitting on the other side of the fence, and a big breeze pushed me off." Hopefully that's believable.
"O-oh, that's what that o-other guy said. Y-you should try to be more careful." She writes something on the clipboard. Wait- someone said that? Could it have been shuichi? Why would he lie about that? Did, did anyone find my suicide notes, and did they hide them from the police?
I look out the window.
"How long have I been out?"
"H-Huh? Oh my! I'm s-sorry I forgot to tell you! D-don't hate me!" She holds the clipboard close to her.
"Wha- I don't hate you-"
"O-oh, I'm s-sorry. It has been 3 w-weeks." She looks back at her clipboard, and I freeze. Three weeks.
"I have o-one last question. Did anything happen before you fell?"
Did anything happen before I fell? What does that mean? Well, I did get that call, but that doesn't matter.
"No, I just wanted some fresh air."
"Th-then why were you on the o-other side of the fence?"
"I've been on there before, but just haven't fallen off." I look at her and gave her a small smile, hopefully believable enough.
"I-I see. W-well I have to go then. I suggest g-getting rest." She got up, and walked out.
I sighed and looked out the window again. Maybe I should just go sleep again. I lay down, and close my eyes. What is Shuichi doing?