Part 12

She broke up with him?
Now I can't use him to my advantage. I'll just have to use plan two.
Anyways. Time for school~
————————————————————
As I enter the building, I noticed Kokichi is back, maybe I can use that against Saihara.
I worked too hard for Kaede to leave him, and ruin my plan. I walk over to where Shuichi, Kaito, and Maki usually hang out.
"Hi Kaede," Shuichi greeted me.
"Hey Shuichi, hi Maki, hi-"
Kaito wasn't there.
"Oh, where's Kaito?" I asked looking at Maki.
"Oh right, you weren't here for that. Kaito was being a bitch to Shuichi, so he broke it off."
"Oh I see, that's sad."
"Yeah, what are you guys doing for the homeroom project?" Shuichi asked us.
Oh right, all the homeroom teachers gave us a project to do. They said it could be about anything as long as it's school appropriate. Sounds so dumb, but guess we have to do it.
"I don't know what I want to do yet." Maki started to play with her hair.
"I think I might do something about Pianos!" I smile.
Kaede would probably talk about Pianos. That girl is so annoying and won't shut up, so my lie is pretty believable.
"What about you Shuichi?"
"O-oh um, I'm planning on making it about a unsolved murder. something like that..."
"Oh that cool Shuichi!"
I put my arm around him, as his face reddens. I guess even if 'we' aren't dating, he still has feelings for Kaede.
"Mhm. I need to go get something from the music room. I'll be back."
Maki started walking off. Guess she felt awkward watching me and Shuichi. I let him go and smile at him,
"what murder are you planning on working on Shuichi?"
"Lizzie Borden."
"Oh yeah that's fun!"
As me and Shuichi continue our conversation, we waited for Maki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Maki's POV 😺)
Liar.
I remember last time me and Kaede had a date- I mean when we hang out after school the other day, she told me...
"Before class? I do piano inside the music room until our first class starts, it would be impossible for me to be there, mrs. Mioda saw me too."
... if what she said is true. She should be in the music room.
I walked around the floors until I found the music room. I already heard music from the inside, sounds like a piano. I knocked on the door, and waited. After a second
Mrs. Mioda opened the door.
"Hello! How can I help you?"
"Hello. Is Kaede here?"
"Oh yep! Do you need to barrow her?"
"Yep. I'm not sure when she'll be back."
"Ok!"
She turned inside to who I presume to be Kaede,
"Akamatsu! Your friend is here for you! Also bring your bag in class first class starts!"
Some shuffling came from the inside of the room, with the sound of a girl saying "coming". Soon Kaede appeared at the door, and Mrs. Mioda went back inside.
"So you're here."
"Yep!"
"Then the other one isn't actually you."
"Huh?"
"Follow me."
I grab her hand, and walk down to where I left Shuichi and the fake Kaede.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh Maki your back- Huh?" The Fake Kaede said.
"Another... me?" Kaede was confused.
Shuichi seemed quite confused as well.
"I knew you weren't the real Kaede. Tell us who you are." I shouted.
The fake twisted her surprised face into a big grin.
"I don't have to. You'll see soon enough."
And with this, she walked off. Angry, I start to go after her, but Kaede grabbed onto me.
"We can find out later Maki, let's just stay together for now."
She let go of me. I turned to her, and eventually nodded in agreement.

625 words, sorry it's shorter then normal, it's been awhile and I wanted to put something out, I'll try to post again this week